Summer is in full swing and we seem to be firing up the grill almost every weekend. It’s pretty warm here in Madison and the only way to beat the heat is a dip in the pool, a tall glass of lemonade and ice cream!
This recipe combines three things I love: vanilla ice cream, peaches and grill marks! I don’t know what it is about the grill marks but I love seeing them on my food. The grill wasn’t just meant for meats! Throw some fruit and veggies on there! I loved this dessert because you get the cold, sweet vanilla ice cream with the warm, fresh-off-the-grill peaches!
And the BEST part?
Pairing this dessert with my Gallo Family Vineyards’ Sweet White Blend. I was never really a sweet wine lover before. And I never really knew what kinds of wines to pair with my desserts. I mean, I would always have a glass of red wine when eating dark chocolate but that’s about it. The information on the Gallo website helped me figure out what I can drink with what and what wines help enhance foods more.
The Sweet White Blend was excellent with this dessert! Not only did it bring out the flavors in the peaches but it totally hit the spot. I served it chilled with my vanilla ice cream with grilled peaches and it was perfection. My husband loved it too.
You can make the vanilla ice cream yourself or buy your favorite vanilla ice cream from the store. Either way, you have to try this dessert immediately!
Here’s to summer, staying cool and soaking up every last beautiful moment.
And if you’re like my family, you’re probably firing up the grill a lot this summer to cook up some steaks or burgers. If you are, I highly recommend you check out Gallo’s Merlot. I’ve cooked with it before and you can check out that recipe here. This wine goes fabulously with grilled meats and is one of my favorite red wines from Gallo.
- 2 ripe peaches; cut in half lengthwise with the pit removed
- Vegetable or canola oil
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chopped walnuts
- Fresh mint leaves
- Serve with Gallo’s Sweet White Blend
- Lightly brush both sides of the peaches with vegetable oil and, using a hot grill, place the peaches flesh side down onto the grill. Close the grill and leave the peaches there until they begin to smoke a little and are warmed through, for about 4 to 5 minutes depending on how hot your grill is. Turn over and repeat on the other side if desired or remove from the grill and slice.
- Serve immediately with scoops of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle on honey and sprinkle on some walnuts. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve with Gallo’s Sweet White Blend.
Today is a special Sunday Supper because we are teaming up with Gallo Family Vineyards and sharing some very of our very best grilling recipes with you! We had the opportunity to either pair the recipe with Gallo’s Merlot or their delicious Sweet White Blend. I’ve already cooked with Gallo’s Merlot before so I wanted to try the Sweet White Blend. I’m so happy that I did because this wine, paired with my dessert was perfection.
You’ve got to take a look at each fabulous grilling recipe below and if you’re interested in grabbing a bottle of Gallo Family Vineyards wine, click here for their store locator. Additionally, you can click here to redeem a $1 off digital coupon.
- Grilled Brie with Tropical Fruit Compote by girlichef
- Grilled Peach Bruschetta by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Salads and Sides:
- Grilled Caesar Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Grilled Mushrooms with Merlot Reduction by The Messy Baker
- Asian Pork Lettuce Cups by Magnolia Days
- BBQ Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Cheddar Merlot Burgers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Chicken with Blueberry-Merlot Sauce by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Hawaiian Sea Salt Tuna Nuggets by Family Foodie
- Grilled Honey Lime Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Jam Glaze by Savvy Eats
- Grilled Ribeye with Mushroom Merlot Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with a Sweet White Blend Marinade by Country Girl in the Village
- Merlot Marinated Flank Steak with Spicy Chimichurri by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Merlot Burger by Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Shish Kabobs in Red Wine Rosemary Marinade by The Dinner-Mom
- Tandoori-style Lamb Chops by kimchi MOM
- Grilled Apple Crisp by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone by Desserts Required
- Vanilla Ice Cream with Grilled Peaches by Hip Foodie Mom
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.