Egg Roll in a Bowl! Low carb, super versatile and comes together in no time at all! If you are looking for a fast and delicious weeknight dinner recipe, and wanting to get more protein, you have to try this!
I made some more eggs on the side.
Friends, I recently shared a small Hmart haul. In my video I showed bean sprouts, cabbage and peeled garlic. Peeled garlic is a revelation by the way. Anything I can buy that saves me a little time, especially on a weeknight, I’m all for. Peeled or jarred minced garlic and fresh ginger in a tube are some of my time savers. Don’t get me wrong. Fresh is always best. But when I’m looking to save some time, I reach for these things.
Egg Roll in a Bowl
As most of you may know, I’ve been trying to eat low carb and also trying to prioritize protein. Lean ground beef, ground turkey, ground pork or ground chicken, it all works in this recipe. You could also use tofu. I also add eggs for more added protein.
This is the easiest – all in one pan- weeknight dinner or meal you can make! If you try this, please let me know what you think!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey, beef, pork or chicken
- 1/2 small onion finely diced
- 2 carrots peeled and julienned
- 2 to 3 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh or ground ginger
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce + more if needed
- salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs whisked; or egg ribbons*
- sriracha optional for some heat
- sesame oil optional
- green onions finely diced; for garnish
- Add oil to a pan or large skillet over medium high heat. Add the ground meat and cook until all browned and cooked through.
- Add the onions, carrots, shredded cabbage and bean sprouts and sauté until just tender, for about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the garlic and mix together for about 30 seconds. Add the ginger and coconut aminos. Mix together, taste and adjust any ingredients as needed. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- If wanting to add eggs, you can do 1 of 2 things: 1) add egg ribbons* as a garnish or 2) make a well in the center of the pan or skillet, add the whisked eggs and let cook in the pan or skillet over medium low heat. When cooked, mix into the meat mixture.
- To serve: drizzle with a little sriracha for some heat, drizzle a little sesame oil if desired over the top and garnish with some finely diced green onions. Enjoy!