White Bean Chicken Chili Soup! Made with swiss chard, spinach, cannellini beans, garbanzo beans and more! And rotisserie chicken for added flavor, and it’s a time saver! I hope you try this!
Happy Monday, y’all! We woke up to a few inches of snow this morning. Snow in March. . yes, that’s life in Wisconsin. And there’s more snow in the forecast for later this week.
We had a great time last night at The Madison Blind and although we only had a handful of people come out for the instameet, it was a great time and I really enjoyed getting to know some new people here in Madison. We really do have so many nice and talented people living here!
This soup is not new to the blog but I did update the photos and, it’s freaking 20 degrees here so I’m making soup! This time I added more chicken stock. . this way, you get more of a soup and less of a “chili”. I also added some spinach in addition to the chard . . I just love adding greens to soups!
And this white bean chicken chili soup uses rotisserie chicken!!! Shred up that rotisserie chicken for added flavor and protein! and it’s a time saver because you are using already cooked delicious, flavorful chicken! My family loves this soup and it’s so good and hearty! I hope you give this white bean chicken chili soup a try! Happy Monday!
White Bean Chicken Chili Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ large zucchini diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 15 ounce cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch Swiss chard stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 to 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1½ cups frozen corn
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken stock + more if needed
- 2 to 3 cups rotisserie chicken shredded, no skin
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes; optional
- chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Using a large heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, for about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the diced zucchini and the bell peppers and season with the cumin, oregano, chili powder, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, Swiss chard, spinach, corn, and chicken stock. If you want a more "soupy" soup with more liquid, add in another cup of chicken stock, otherwise, 5 cups works great.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn the heat down low to a simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes. Add in the shredded rotisserie chicken and red pepper flakes (if using) and let simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve. Enjoy!
Laura | Tutti Dolci says
White bean chicken chili is my fave – a big bowl of this soup is just what I need!
One of my all time favs, thanks for the inspiration!
Jennifer @ Show Me the Yummy says
Could definitely use a GIGANTIC bowl of this today!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen says
Love updating old recipes hidden beneath ugly pictures and this one was definitely worth it! Wishing I could eat this all day tomorrow with the 2 feet of snow headed our way!
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen says
Snowstorm heading my way tomorrow. This would be the perfect comfort food for the day!
Craving this right now. Sounds so good!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Snow in March is definitely life in the Midwest! I could use a big bowl of this soup to warm me up. Love the flavors and pretty colors, Alice!
This is so getting made~
Kimchi John says
This will be on next weeks meal plan. ; ) Looks yummy……………
Kara Mathys @Wellnessgrit says
Oh my! This white bean chicken chili soup was delicious and so easy to make! Will have to try this for my family. Thanks so much!
marie johson says
This chicken & white bean chili soup is perfect for fall and winter. Hearty, healthy, and easy to make. Thanks for sharing 🙂