Surprise dad this Father’s Day with a delicious Loaded Meat Lovers Hoagie! Loaded with HORMEL® Pepperoni Original, ham, mortadella and more, this hoagie is sure to bring a smile to your dad’s face.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by HORMEL® Pepperoni. All opinions are my own.
Every Father’s Day, I always take some time to reflect and tell my husband how thankful I am for him. He’s handy around the house, doesn’t say anything when we pick chick flicks (or Barbie movies – my kids) for family movie night and he loves making pancakes for the girls on the weekends. Lately, however, I am even more thankful for him for different reasons. Most of you know we got a new puppy, Coco, a little over a month ago. My husband, even though he loves dogs, didn’t want to get a new puppy because he wasn’t sure if we were up for the challenge and responsibility a new puppy brings, and he knew I would be doing most of the work and he didn’t want to hear me complain. We got the puppy, and found our family groove. Paul, my husband, loves Coco so much. He takes her out for her morning walk and – when he can – takes her out for her last walk at night before bedtime. Even though he’s back working in the office again, he helps out with Coco a ton because he loves her so much and he does most of the walks on the weekends.
The other day, he came home from a business trip and Coco was so happy to see him. Paul was tired and literally just got home from a long trip and still took her out for a walk.
Loaded Meat Lovers Hoagie
Over the past year, I would try to get a little creative with breakfast and lunch. Everyone was home and I was cooking and feeding my family 3 meals a day. My husband and kids are big meat lovers so I think the meals they loved the most were the ones where meat was involved. I would deliver lunch to my husband in his study and lunch to the girls in the kitchen, before they had to get back online for school. You see, I love cooking and feeding my family. I love doing things for them.
One day, I brought Paul this Loaded Meat Lovers Hoagie sandwich and he devoured it. Paul, of course, loves it when meat is 80% of the sandwich. He doesn’t need the lettuce and tomatoes but I put them in there for balance. Ha! This meat lover’s hoagie is loaded with HORMEL® Pepperoni Original, ham, mortadella and more. It’s so easy to make and so delicious. We hope you make one this Father’s Day and enjoy!
Enhance Any Meal with HORMEL® Pepperoni
Whether you are making pizza, a pasta bake, stuffed chicken, or more, HORMEL® Pepperoni makes any meal better. At my house, we call HORMEL Pepperoni “little morsels of deliciousness.” We love the zesty taste and there’s no wrong way to enjoy them. I have even used them to make a bell pepper pizza. Visit http://hormelpepperoni.com for recipes and more delicious ways to use HORMEL® Pepperoni. Enjoy!
Loaded Meat Lovers Hoagie
- 2 Italian hoagie roll, or Italian bread loaf cut in half
- Mustard yellow or Dijon
- Red wine vinegar
- olive oil extra virgin
- pinch dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices white American cheese optional
- 6 slices Mortadella
- 6 slices ham
- 4 slices bologna
- 1 (5 oz.) package HORMEL® Pepperoni Original
- Iceberg lettuce shredded
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 thin slices red onion
- Pepperoncini peppers optional
- Serve with potato chips
- Slice the Italian hoagie roll in half, or Italian bread loaf cut in half and spread on some mayonnaise and mustard on the top half. Lightly drizzle a little red wine vinegar and olive oil on the bottom side of the bread; don’t drizzle on too much. You will add more later. Sprinkle on the dried oregano and season lightly with a little salt and pepper.
- On the bottom side bread, layer on the half the cheese slices and then top with half the Mortadella, ham, bologna and HORMEL® Pepperoni Original. Add the shredded iceberg lettuce on top and then add the tomato and red onions slices. Add a little more shredded lettuce if desired and drizzle on more red wine vinegar, olive oil and dried oregano over the lettuce and close the sandwich. Repeat to make second sandwich. Serve with pepperoncini peppers and chips and enjoy!