Paleo Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie! Gluten free, vegan and oh so good! I use a flax egg, made using ground flaxseed meal so there’s also added nutrition and fiber!
I can’t remember what caused us to make our first chocolate chip skillet cookie but when my daughters and I busted out the cast iron skillet and simply put all the cookie dough inside, we were so happy to have discovered what would soon become our go-to family dessert when we need something quick and simple to share.
Seriously, whoever invented the skillet cookie is brilliant.
Soon after we made a regular chocolate chip skillet cookie, I knew I had to bake one using my Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
And of course with this one, we use a flax egg and non-dairy chocolate chips. . so it’s paleo, gluten free and vegan. This is a must bake! It’s so good!!!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted and cooled
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 7 tablespoons natural creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste for added flavor
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 heaping cup dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Maldon sea salt flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and mix together. Let sit for about 5 to 10 minutes to thicken.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add in your flax egg and add in the coconut oil, coconut sugar, almond butter and vanilla extract. Mix together by hand until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and kosher salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix together until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix together using a rubber spatula. Spread the cookie dough evenly into a 8 or 9" cast iron skillet.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and it has reached the consistency you desire (some prefer the middle a little gooey). Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle on some Maldon sea salt flakes if desired. Enjoy!
Liz S. says
Laura | Tutti Dolci says
There’s nothing better than a good skillet cookie!
Fani Malik says
Wow, What a wonderful collection… Thanks for sharing…
um, yes!!! i saw this on instagram and totally have been craving a skillet cookie ever since. so so delicious, Alice! X