Sugared cranberries! The easiest, most festive way to decorate a holiday dessert, cocktail, or just to munch on!
It’s the holiday season and I’m in full-time holiday baking mode. If you’ve never tried making sugared cranberries, this is the year! They are so cute, festive and couldn’t be easier to make!
I use them to decorate my Chocolate Merlot Cake, which if you don’t know what you’re making for Christmas Dinner, this might be it!
The sugared cranberries, along with some pinecones make a beautiful and festive decoration!
You can also pop these babies into cocktails and on a holiday cheese and charcuterie board!
I hope you give these a try! Happy Holidays! And if you’re on Instagram, be sure to check out my page, @hipfoodiemom1. I’m giving away a week’s worth of stuff!!! All Week! Be sure to check it out!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- Combine a 1/2 cup sugar and a 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, for about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in the fresh cranberries and mix until the cranberries are well coated.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cranberries to a wire rack and let them dry for at least 1 hour.
- Then, working in batches, roll the sticky cranberries in the remaining sugar until well coated. Let them dry again for at least 1 hour. Enjoy!
- Store your sugared cranberries in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Adapted from Bakers Royale