Simple Mushroom Pasta! Loaded with mushrooms, delicious and so flavorful, if you are a mushroom lover, you have to try this!
I love a good pasta dish, and it’s because of recipes like this where I think who needs meat anyway? I added an insane amount of mushrooms into this pasta dish: 26 ounces of baby bella mushrooms. One 10 oz. and two 8 oz. packages of mushrooms. You certainly don’t need to add that much. I just hate pasta dishes where there’s not enough mushrooms. I like to have mushrooms with every bite. Anyone agree with me?
My kids used to hate mushrooms but now they eat them.
Simple Mushroom Pasta
The mushrooms are the stars in this dish and so I made the mushrooms really flavorful. The key is to cook them for a while and the balsamic vinegar is key. As you cook the recipe, you are continuing to build the flavor: with the butter and olive oil, the onions and garlic and the balsamic vinegar, parmesan cheese, heavy cream and salt and pepper.
After cooking the pasta, everything comes together in one pan. I hope you try this recipe and let me know what you think!
More Recipes Using Mushrooms
Simple Mushroom Pasta
- 1/2 lb. fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cubed, split
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 16 oz. cremini or baby bella mushrooms* sliced
- salt and pepper
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vingar + more if desired
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- fresh parsley chopped fine
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook just to al dente; you will continue to cook the pasta more later. Before draining, reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- Using a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil and 3 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat. Add the onions and stir continuously and cook until softened, for about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and stir to combine for about 30 seconds. Add in the sliced mushrooms and continue stirring until the mushrooms release their moisture and the pan becomes more and more dry. Season with salt and pepper and add the balsamic vinegar. Mix together.
- After a few minutes, add in the remaining tablespoon of butter, mix and add in the cooked pasta. Add in a 1/4 cup of pasta water, adding more if you need it but 1/4 cup should be plenty. Add in the parmesan cheese and heavy cream and, using tongs, toss everything together until combined and all the liquid is absorbed. Taste and season with salt and pepper again if needed. Garnish with the parsley, serve and enjoy!