This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Knorr Selects.
White Cheddar Broccoli Rice Casserole! Make this hassle-free, delicious and filling casserole. It’s so easy to make and baked to perfection!
I can’t believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Ever since we moved to Wisconsin, we have always hosted Thanksgiving at our home. Traveling over the holidays is so busy and the airports are often a mess. In the past, we used to fly to Dallas to be with my parents but now we only fly to Dallas for Christmas.
For the past four years, we’ve hosted family for Thanksgiving it’s been amazing. My sister lives in Minnesota so her family joins us and this year, we have friends coming over as well.
I’m all about planning the menu ahead of time, sharing the kitchen and cooking duties and this year, I’m looking to simplify things even more. No one needs additional stress on the day of, so I encourage you to delegate responsibilities; ask people to bring dishes, ask for help in the kitchen and hey, just order a ham, some sides and dessert if you feel overwhelmed. You don’t have to make everything!
Having my sister’s family over means a full house! House guests can be stressful for some, but I love it. Since I cook so much all the time, I always have food to feed to people and I love being able to cook and bake for my niece and nephew. During the days leading up to the holidays, I keep it simple. You’re going to go all out with the food on Thanksgiving Day, so keep it simple and don’t stress yourself out.
For me, there’s nothing easier to make for a group than a casserole. They are filled with the most delicious things and baked to perfection. For this casserole, I used broccoli, mushrooms and, one of my favorites, Knorr® Selects White Cheddar Broccoli Rice!
Dinner Made Easy with NEW Knorr Selects!
Quick and easy to prepare on the stovetop, Knorr Selects are ready in about 10 minutes! Knorr Selects are delicious on their own as a flavorful side dish, as part of a one-pot meal or casserole. Preparing delicious, easy and impressive meals for your guests has never been so quick and easy thanks to Knorr Selects!
We absolutely loved the White Cheddar Broccoli Rice! Knorr® Selects are made without any artificial flavors or preservatives, and are gluten free! The White Cheddar Broccoli Rice expertly blends rice with aged cheddar cheese and broccoli into a delicious rice dish! Knorr Selects are made with wholesome ingredients and the brand works with farmers in Arkansas where the rice is sustainably sourced.
I hope you give this recipe a try!
To save some time, you can prep and cut all of the vegetables the night before and keep them in your refrigerator. Then, when you’re ready to make dinner, everything is prepped and ready to go and dinner will be on the table fast! You can’t beat that when you’re entertaining!
I hope we can all take some time this year, as we sit around the Thanksgiving Day table, to recognize what we are thankful for and to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you.
White Cheddar Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil; split
- 1 small onion peeled and diced
- 1 pound broccoli florets chopped
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package Knorr Selects White Cheddar Broccoli Rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup milk
- Cooked chicken breast diced or cubed
- ½ to 1 cup cheddar cheese freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a large sauté pan over medium high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add the onions and sauté for a few minutes. Add the broccoli, mushrooms and garlic, and continue to cook for another 4 to 5 minutes, or until broccoli is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Remove vegetables from the pan and onto a large plate. Set aside.
- In the same pan, pour in the Knorr Selects White Cheddar Broccoli Rice, the water, milk, remaining olive oil and stir together. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and boil, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, while stirring frequently until your rice is tender and the sauce is creamy. Turn off the heat and wait at least 2 minutes for the sauce to thicken.
- Add the cooked vegetables back into the pan with the cooked rice and add the cooked chicken and stir together. Using a casserole baking dish, pour everything evenly into the casserole dish. Sprinkle on the cheddar cheese, evenly over the top.
- Bake casserole for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and the cheese is evenly melted and browned. Serve and enjoy!