Rustic Mexican Rice & Beans Skillet Dinner! Change up Taco Tuesday with this quick, easy and delicious dinner! Your family will love it!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Knorr Selects.
I can’t believe the first day of school is right around the corner! As I suspected, this summer just flew by and now we are in the midst of getting ready to go back to school. With all of the back to school preparation: shopping, school registration, getting the kids to bed at an earlier hour, I am now also thinking about weeknight dinners!
Whether they are make-ahead, or quick and easy, I’m starting to meal plan and making sure my dinner repertoire is full!
Mexican cuisine is one of my family’s favorites! We love the flavors, the taste and how easy it is to prepare! We are in love with the Knorr Selects Rustic Mexican Rice & Beans! It’s so easy to make, tastes delicious and it’s very filling! This is sure to be a dinnertime favorite for your family too.
Dinner Made Easy with NEW Knorr Selects!
Quick and easy to prepare on the stovetop, Knorr Selects are ready in under 10 minutes! Knorr Selects are delicious on their own as a flavorful side dish or as part of a one-pot meal.
We love that the Rustic Mexican Rice & Beans Knorr® Selects are made without any artificial flavors or preservatives, and are gluten free! Knorr’s Rustic Mexican Rice & Beans expertly blends rice with red beans, bell peppers and spices into a hearty, southwest-inspired rice dish. It’s absolutely delicious and very versatile if you want to mix it up with additional ingredients!
Because my children can’t get enough black beans, I added even more beans plus diced bell peppers and onions. I used chicken stock for an added boost of flavor, but you can also use water! I added fresh avocado, tomatoes and cilantro on top and served this dinner with tortilla chips! My family loved it! I hope you give this recipe a try!
Expert busy parent tip: You can prep and cut all of the vegetables the night before and keep them in your refrigerator. Then, when you’re ready to make dinner, everything is prepped and ready to go and dinner will be on the table within 20 minutes! You can’t beat that!
Knorr Selects are available at all major retailers and grocery stores. Find out more about Knorr Selects on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
Rustic Mexican Rice and Beans Skillet Dinner
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion diced
- 1 cup assorted bell peppers diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package Knorr Selects Rustic Mexican Rice & Beans Rice
- 2 cups Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh radish slices thin
- Avocado slices
- Diced tomato
- Tortilla chips
- Using a large sauté pan over medium high heat, heat the olive oil and add the onions and sauté for a few minutes. Add the bell peppers and continue to cook for other 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the same pan, pour in the Knorr Selects Rustic Mexican Rice & Beans Rice, the chicken stock and stir together. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and boil, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, while stirring frequently until your rice is tender and the sauce is creamy. Within the last 5 minutes of cooking, add in the beans and mix together with the rice.
- Turn off the heat. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Divide the cooked Knorr Selects Rustic Mexican Rice & Beans between 3-4 bowls, top with fresh cilantro, radish slices, avocado, diced tomatoes and tortilla chips if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Matt Robinson says
We have become big Knorr fans, and you’ve created a perfect weeknight dinner here Alice. Love this!
Jennifer @ Show Me the Yummy says
This dinner is SO up my alley!
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen says
So sad summer is almost over and that back to school is upon us Alice! I love one skillet dinners like these! Perfect for those first days of school when the kids come home with all those books to cover and papers to sign! I remember all too well!
Kimchi John says
Looks AMAZING!!! ; )
Thank you so much!!! Hope you try it!
tieghan Gerard says
LOVE a Mexican rice dish and especially one made totally in a skillet. Gimme this please! 🙂
Jennifer Farley says
I love all of the flavors in this meal! Rice and beans is always a winning combo.
lindsay Cotter says
Quick and healthy Mexican! yes, my dreams!
Laura | Tutti Dolci says
This is the perfect weeknight skillet meal!
So glad I found this! Looks tasty and my kids will love it. Thanks for sharing!
just curious if this is sponsored content