Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Christina Lane’s new cookbook, Sweet & Simple! These cookies are so delicious! The recipe makes a dozen cookies! I love it!
My kids and I like to sit together and scroll through my Instagram feed. We love seeing photos of animals (dogs and cats especially), babies, and anything baking related (cakes, cookies, bread, donuts etc). And if there’s a video of someone making a cake, forget it. My kids and I love that kind of stuff.
This is Christina’s third book, uh yes she’s amazing, and she does more than just dessert you guys. Sweet & Simple has nearly 100 delicious new recipes drawn from her personal favorites, like:
- Gooey Butter Cake Cookies
- Three-ingredient Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Salted Butterscotch Tart
- Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Ramekins
- Banana Cake + Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting
- Easiest Pound Cake Layer Cakes (pictured below)
This book is perfect for new couples, empty-nesters, moms and daughters (us!) and “anyone who’s ever polished off far too much of a regular-size dessert”, these cakes, cookies, pies and bars look sooooo good and these are easy, straight-forward recipes anyone can make!
Small-batch baking. I love it! I love baking cookies but don’t want two dozen cookies sitting in my kitchen. Well, I wouldn’t mind having two dozen cookies but it’s not great for my waistline. So, small-batch baking is the way to go!
These are her Best Ever Frosted Brownies, which we are making next, baked in a bread loaf pan. How brilliant is that?! Christina also has a recipe in here for cupcakes for her daughter, who is the cutest little thing ever, and some recipes using coconut sugar, which I love. I can’t wait to bake through this book with my girls!
OK, on to these cookies!
We love chocolate and peanut butter . . like I don’t think there’s a better combination in cookies. And these cookies were so easy to make and delicious!
And I added some peanut butter morsels just for fun! You guys need to make these cookies like now!
Don’t forget to enter the cookbook giveaway down below! Good luck!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium-size bowl, beat together the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed. Beat until thoroughly blended and lightly fluffy, about 40 seconds.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Sprinkle the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt evenly over the the dough. Beat until just combined.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Press the dough flat in the bowl and roughly divide it in quarters by eye (you can also lightly score it with a knife). Make three dough balls out of each quarter of dough (making a total of 12 cookies).
- Roll the dough balls lightly in your hands and then place them on the baking sheet, evenly spaced.
- Bake for about 11 minutes. The edges will start to brown, but the centers will still appear soft. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe re-published here with permission from author.
Simply tell me in the comments section below: What is your favorite dessert? Giveaway ends on Friday, March 3, 2017 at 12 midnight EST. Giveaway only open to residents within the United States. You must leave a comment down below in order to be entered. Thank you and good luck!