Almond Butter Banana Overnight Oats! Prep everything the night before and wake up to this delicious and nutritious breakfast! Have you tried overnight oats yet? If not, what are you waiting for?
I’ll admit it. Mornings at my house are usually chaotic. Unless I have prepped things the night before, I am running around with my head cut off.
My kids are not morning people so it’s impossible getting them up and out of bed. Sometimes, I get lucky and there’s something exciting going on at school so they are excited and jump out of bed themselves but it’s rare.
I believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This is the chance we get as parents to fuel our kids and prepare them for the day ahead.
That’s why I choose to fuel my family with nutritious and delicious overnight oats! And when paired with an 8 oz. glass of milk, my kids get an additional 8 grams of protein! Just what they need to help start their day strong!
Have you guys tried overnight oats yet? For busy parents, this is a dream because you prep everything the night before, refrigerate it and it’s ready to go the next morning!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR OVERNIGHT OATS
- Yogurt: plain Greek yogurt, flavored yogurt, up to you!
- Rolled oats: gluten free or regular
- Milk of choice: regular, 2%, whole, almond milk etc
- Chia seeds or ground flaxseed meal
- Vanilla extract
- Honey or maple syrup
- Toppings! This is where you can have some fun and customize your overnight oats with what you like! Fresh fruit, almonds, coconut flakes, hemp seeds, chia seeds, have some fun!
I recently tried these sprouted snacks and used this to top over my overnight oats. So yummy!
Almond Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup heaping rolled oats
- ⅔ cup milk or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flaxseed meal
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup; optional for sweetness
- Toppings: granola banana slices, almond butter and honey
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Spoon into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Alternatively, you can simply place all of the ingredients directly into your mason jar or container and mix well with a spoon.
- Seal jar or container with lid and refrigerate for at least 4 hours; overnight for best results. When ready to eat: top with granola, fresh banana slices, almond butter and honey. Enjoy!
I’ve teamed up today with MILK Life and The Food Network Magazine to tell you about a fantastic sweepstakes! Enter to win a chance to go to New York City!
Enter for the chance to win an unforgettable experience in New York City with your whole family, courtesy of Food Network Magazine and Milk Life. You could dine at a Food Network star’s restaurant then practice your own culinary skills with a family-friendly cooking lesson where you can discover wholesome recipes made with farm fresh milk your whole family will love! Enter here: foodnetmag.com/milk #ad
Disclosure: This is a paid sponsored post in partnership with MILK Life and The Food Network Magazine. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.