Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake made with LACTAID® Calcium Enriched Reduced Fat 2% Milk, so it’s still delicious but easier to digest! And I’m sharing one of my favorite coffee recipes to drink with this cake!
Happy Monday, you guys! It’s officially fall and this Thursday is National Coffee Day so I’m sharing one of my favorite special coffee drinks down below!
Yesterday, my family and I spent the afternoon with some local Wisconsin bloggers at Schuter’s Farm. We had lunch, took a quick tour of the farm, picked out pumpkins and the girls got to play. I love fall so much and seeing apples, apple cider donuts, caramel apples and pumpkins everywhere just made my day.
For me, the perfect fall day would include baking and coffee! Two of my absolute favorites!
If you follow me on snapchat or Instagram stories, you may have seen me making this coffee cake. This Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake is fall perfection in a cake.
And what better way to enjoy your coffee cake than with coffee!!!
If you know me, you know I can’t live without coffee. I have a cup every morning and for me, dessert is better with coffee as well.
Now, I love creamy, flavorful coffee and most of you know, I’m a little lactose intolerant so I have to use either fat free lactose free creamer, or I simply use LACTAID® Calcium Enriched Reduced Fat 2% Milk. It’s still creamy and delicious and I love that it’s still real milk but without the lactose! LACTAID® products are real dairy just without the lactose, so dairy sensitive sufferers (like me) due to lactose are still able to enjoy the great taste and nutritional benefits of real dairy without #DairyEnvy.
To see my favorite mocha coffee recipe, when I’m feeling fancy, click here. It’s absolutely delicious!
Now, on to this coffee cake! It’s packed with apples and cinnamon and I used my LACTAID® Calcium Enriched Reduced Fat 2% Milk in here as well.
It’s so delicious and the perfect fall treat! I hope you give this cake a try and enjoy some on Thursday for National Coffee Day! I’ll be back on Wednesday with more coffee!!! This week, it’s all about the coffee, woot woot!!
Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
For the topping:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the filling:
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
For the cake:
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup plain non-fat yourt
- 1 1/4 cups LACTAID® Calcium Enriched Reduced Fat 2% Milk
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 apples peeled and chopped (about 1 3/4 cups when chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or spray a 9" x 13" baking dish or pan and set aside.
- For the topping, whisk together the sugar, salt, flour, and cinnamon. Slowly pour in the melted butter, stirring constantly until combined. Set aside.
- For the filling, using a small bowl, simply mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside. The filling may seem like a lot but you will use all of it.
- For the cake: using your stand mixer, beat together the butter, salt, both sugars, baking powder, and vanilla until well combined and smooth. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Use a rubber spatula to wipe down the bowl if needed.
- Using a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt and LACTAID milk until combined. If it’s a little lumpy, that’s fine. Add the flour into the butter mixture in your stand mixer, alternating with the yogurt and LACTAID mixture, starting and ending with the flour mixture; in 3 to 4 increments, mixing the batter to combine after each addition. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the chopped apples.
- When ready to bake, pour about half of the batter into your prepared baking dish, using a rubber spatula to spread evenly, all the way to the edges of the pan. Sprinkle the filling evenly over the batter. Pour over the remaining batter over the filling. If desired, use a table knife to gently swirl the filling into the batter, as though you are making a marble cake. Lastly, sprinkle the topping all over the top.
- Bake the cake for about 60 to 75 minutes, or until dark golden brown around the edges and a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy with your mocha coffee!
Recipe adapted from here.
The LACTAID® Brand has worked for over 30 years to introduce high-quality products that help those with dairy sensitivity due to lactose enjoy the delicious taste of real dairy milk without a second thought. Made with real dairy, LACTAID® Products have all the same nutrients found in regular dairy products, just without the lactose making them easy to digest. All LACTAID® Dairy products – milk, ice cream and cottage cheese – are made with real milk, just without the lactose.
Disclosure: I have received information and materials from JOHNSON & JOHNSON CONSUMER, Inc., McNeil Nutritionals, LLC Subsidiary the makers of LACTAID®. The opinions stated are my own. This is a sponsored post.