Fig Prosciutto Pizza! Super easy to make and delicious Fig Prosciutto Pizza on flatbread or naan bread. Take full advantage of fig season and make this pizza! It’s so good!
You guys, it’s fig season and I am obsessed. As a kid, I loved fig newtons. Like, love liked them. My brother and sister thought I was crazy but I didn’t care, I loved eating them. They were one of my favorite snacks as a kid.
Lately, I’m all about using flatbread or naan bread for our pizza nights at home. It’s a little faster, there’s no dough rolling involved and the pizza is absolutely delicious. Phoebe, my oldest, can’t get enough of garlic naan bread. She loves it.
This pizza is so easy to make, it’s crazy. All I did was add shredded mozzarella on top of my naan bread, and then topped the pizza with the prosciutto (you can also use salami), and the fresh, sliced figs and some fresh basil leaves. After baking it, I added more fresh basil leaves and drizzled a little avocado oil. That’s what I do now.
I absolutely love the sweet + salty combination. For me, this pizza is heaven.
You have to make this!
Because my kids are, well kids, and they didn’t want fancy pizza, they made their own and I also made this one for my husband and I. Simply add a little bit of tomato sauce (not too much) on top of your naan bread, top with fresh mozzarella, big slices of tomatoes and a little fresh basil. Bake and then top with more basil and hot pepper flakes for the win!
Because it’s all about variety .. and now I am in love with naan bread. Make this pizza!!
Fig Prosciutto Pizza
- 3 slices naan bread or flatbread
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese + more if desired
- 1 package prosciutto
- fresh figs sliced
- 2 handfuls fresh basil leaves
- avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of each naan bread, add more if you'd like. Top each pizza with slices of the prosciutto and arrange over the top and then top with the fresh figs and just a few basil leaves. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the naan bread is slightly crispy.
- Remove pizza from the oven and very lightly drizzle some avocado oil over the top and sprinkle on more fresh basil if desired. Enjoy immediately.
Come back tomorrow for our weekly healthy meal plan. . and I’m still in WA for today, going apple picking and hanging out with Stemilt Growers. . follow along on social media if you’re interested. Have a great weekend!!!