Roasted Asparagus Prosciutto Crostini + A Video! Rich, creamy fresh ricotta cheese spread on toasted bread, topped with prosciutto and roasted asparagus. So EASY and makes an absolutely delicious appetizer!
I can’t believe the month of April is almost over. Soon it will be May and then the summer. I can’t get over how fast this year is going by. I have some exciting things planned for the summer. . here, in Madison, and I will try to get back home to Dallas to see my parents.
Now that I don’t live close to my family, I always get a little sad around holidays. Especially with Mother’s Day coming up. . for those of you who live close to your parents and family, I hope it’s awesome and great! My dad would always say to us growing up, “Family is the most important thing. So take care of each other.” I find myself saying the same thing to my daughters . . next year they will be at the same school together and riding the bus together etc. So, I want to make sure they watch out for each other.
The other day I was at the grocery store and I grabbed some more asparagus. You would think I would be sick of it now, after making this tart like 5 times within the last two weeks.
And, I know, I know, you’re probably like . . another recipe using asparagus? Really? I just can’t get enough asparagus these days and will happily be chomping away on asparagus until the season is over. Anyone else with me???
Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 8th and this would be the perfect appetizer to make! I’ll show you just how easy it is! I hope you give this simple and delicious recipe a try!
- 1 pound asparagus, with the hard ends trimmed off and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil; split
- kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest
- light squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 1 loaf of french baguette, sliced
- 1 container (8 oz) fresh ricotta cheese + more if needed
- ½ pound prosciutto + more if desired
- To roast the asparagus: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a parchment paper lined baking sheet and place the asparagus spears on the baking sheet, making sure each one is laying flat on the baking sheet. Drizzle on about 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on the lemon zest and add a very light squeeze of lemon over the asparagus. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes. (If you like a little more "bite" to your asparagus, roast it for a shorter amount of time.)
- While the asparagus in the oven, heat the remaining tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. After a minute, place the baguette slices into the pan and cook on each side until slightly browned and crispy, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat until all of the baguette slices are toasted and feel free to use more olive oil as needed*. Alternatively, you can toast the baguette slices in your toaster oven (as I did in the video).
- To assemble: generously spread on the fresh ricotta cheese on each toasted bread slice, top with a slice of prosciutto and then the roasted asparagus. Drizzle with a touch more extra virgin olive oil and season with freshly cracked pepper if desired. Enjoy immediately!