Happy Memorial Day!
You guys. . where did the year go?! We are one week away from June and SUMMER!!! I can’t believe it. Our summer will be filled with parties, entertaining, traveling and just some good old fashioned summer fun and relaxing. This is the plan at least. And if we can fit in swim lessons for the girls, even better.
School ends in a couple of weeks and with that, some graduation parties and other end of the school year parties. I’ll be making these savory cheddar cheese, chive and bacon muffins!
After making these, I wanted to make a similar recipe that would work in a regular sized muffin pan. And this recipe is it! If you like cheddar cheese and bacon . . and uh, who doesn’t?! You will love these muffins.
These are sure to be a huge hit at your next summer BBQ or gathering.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing the muffin pan
- 3 large eggs, at room temp
- 1⅓ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk (you can use whole milk or 2%)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 5 slices bacon, cut in half, cooked until crispy and chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup chives, finely diced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and thoroughly grease your muffin pan. Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl and set aside to cool slightly. Break the eggs into the same bowl with the slightly cooled melted butter and whisk gently. Next, whisk in the flour, salt and milk until just barely blended; a few lumps are fine.
- For the rest of the instructions and to see this recipe card, please visit The Kitchenthusiast.
Visit The Kitchenthusiast for this complete recipe.
I’m also sharing my tips for summer entertaining. . so check out my post!!!
Disclosure: This is a paid post in partnership with KitchenAid. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting me in working with brands that I use and love.