Yes, you read that right. I’m calling these Triple Threat Brownies. These are chocolatey, fudgey and gooey. Everything you need to be considered a triple threat brownie in my book.
Don’t know what I’m talking about? In the entertainment world, you are considered a triple threat if you can sing, dance and act. In football, you’re a triple threat if you can run, pass the ball and kick.
And when it comes to brownies, they have to be chocolatey, fudgey and gooey. These brownies are even better because I added two special ingredients to up the *wow* factor and make them even more delicious.
I’m a part of Peanut Butter & Co’s YUM Squad and received a #MysteryIngredient Challenge! When I saw the instant espresso coffee in my box, I immediately knew I would bake brownies. And chocolate brownies with a hint of peanut butter?! Even better.
Now, I took it one step further with these brownies and added brewed coffee in here. Yup, I wanted to enhance the espresso even more. . and also bring out the chocolate in these brownies. And then, to make these brownies even more chocolatey, I added bittersweet chocolate chips into the brownie mix.
Ah-ma-zing. Best. Decision. Ever.
Now, because of this shot, which I took with my iPhone, my photoshoot ended promptly. Because after I took this shot, I couldn’t help myself. I ate this brownie and then proceeded to eat another one.
Soooooo good you guys.
You just have to bake these brownies.
Triple Threat Brownies + A Giveaway!
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee slightly cooled
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⅓ cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter & Co. peanut butter slightly melted
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease or spray a 9 x 13 baking pan. Set aside.
- Using a large, heat-safe bowl placed on top of a pan of simmering water, melt the butter completely. Turn off and remove from the heat and mix in the cocoa and then the espresso powder until fully combined. Pour in the coffee and sugar and continue to stir until combined and smooth. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and then, pour the flour/dry mixture, slowly in three batches, into the wet mixture, mixing well after each addition until smooth. Pour in the slightly melted peanut butter and just swirl in. You still want to see some streaks of peanut butter. Then, pour in the chocolate chips and mix slightly.
- Pour the brownie batter into prepared baking pan and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
I’ve teamed up today with Peanut Butter & Co. to offer one lucky reader 2 containers of any peanut butter of their choice!! I would, of course, say to get the White Chocolate Wonderful so you can make these brownies. . but you can really use any Peanut Butter & Co. flavor in this recipe (Dark Chocolate Dreams, Mighty Maple, Smooth Operator etc) and it will be wonderful! Good luck and make these brownies!
Disclosure: The giveaway is sponsored by Peanut Butter and Co. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.