Gluten Free Chocolate Coconut Macaroons. Amazing. Best Ever. Fantastic. I can’t say enough.
If there was ever a recipe that I want everyone to try, because it’s insanely easy and incredibly delicious, it’s THESE best ever gluten free chocolate coconut macaroons.
And the best part? They are dipped in chocolate . . .
AND these babies only require 5 ingredients. 5 ingredients! No egg whites, no vanilla. . only 4 ingredients if you only use one kind of chocolate.
You simply start with sweetened shredded coconut and mix it with sweetened condensed milk. Then, you add some almond slices and – I used my cookie scoop– scoop out tablespoon sized coconut balls and place onto a prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
While your coconut macaroons are cooling, cut up your chocolate (I used a mix of semi-sweet and bittersweet) and melt it.
When the coconut macaroons are ready and have cooled a bit, simply dip them into the chocolate and let cool on parchment paper (I used my Roul’Pat non-stick countertop workstation mat). You can also pop the gluten free chocolate coconut macaroons into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to help the chocolate set faster.
Enjoy these gluten free chocolate coconut macaroons!!
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup almond slices
- 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate; chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or your silicone non-stick baking mat. In a large bowl, combine the coconut flakes, sweetened condensed milk and the almonds.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, place tablespoon sized macaroons on your baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the macaroons are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- While the macaroons are cooling, using a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chopped chocolate in :30 intervals until softened and melted. Whisk together until smooth. Dip in the coconut macaroons and set on parchment paper to allow the chocolate to set. You can also place the chocolate dipped macaroons in your refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes if desired. Enjoy!
Today’s SundaySupper is all about recipes using 5 ingredients or less and I’m hosting!! You simply must take a look at the fabulous line-up down below. . I can’t believe some of these require only 5 ingredients! From appetizers and salads to sides, main dishes and dessert, we have everything covered so make sure you visit each recipe below and PIN and save for later!
Appetizers, Salads and Starters
- Chicken and Spring Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tuna, Burrata and Black Olive Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Salmon and Cucumber “Noodle” Salad from girlichef
- Yogurt Dill Vegetable Dip from Melanie Makes
- Tomato, Avocado, and Cucumber Summer Salad from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Fennel Citrus Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Kale-Had-a-Hard-Day Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Ruffles and Truffles
- Tomato Soup from Run DMT
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Ham Salad from Neighborfood
- Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Caviar from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Side and Accompaniments
- Candied Apple Jelly from What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Ricotta from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Indian-style Roasted Cauliflower from kimchi MOM
- 3-Ingredient Beer Bread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub from Cooking Chat
- Smoked Turkey Panini with Roasted Red Peppers and Basil Pesto from La Bella Vita
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast from Nosh My Way
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken from Flour On My Face
- Lemon Basil Carbonara from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Butter Shrimp from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Stroganoff from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Smothered Pork Chop Cups from Having Fun Saving
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Supper for a Steal
- Chicken with Olives from Noshing With The Nolands
- Salmon with Tiger Dill Sauce from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Chicken Burgers from Country Girl In The Village
- Potato Pancakes (Reibekuchen) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken from Our Table for Seven
- Chorizo and Potato Frittata from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken and Potato Bake with Meyer Lemons from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups from The Dinner-Mom
- Spaghetti Squash with Simple Red Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Tropical Salsa Chicken from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Asparagus and Eggs from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Caprese Salad Sandwich from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Short Rib Bourguignon from Food Lust People Love
- Beans and Egg Sandwich from Basic N Delicious
- Honey Almond Salmon from Family Foodie
- BBQ Foiled Chicken from Meal Diva
Dessert and Beverages
- Flourless Chocolate Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets from Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream from The Foodie Army Wife
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from URBAN BAKES
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Squares from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Nutella Ferrero Cupcakes from Brunch with Joy
- 5-Minute Strawberry Sherbet from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Best Ever Gluten Free Chocolate Coconut Macaroons from Hip Foodie Mom
- Chocolate Orange Ice Cream from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Orchid Panna Cotta from Manu’s Menu
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge from Alida’s Kitchen
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Vanilla Pudding from Magnolia Days
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bites from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut Cream Mango Mousse from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Raspberry Pina Colada Ice Cream from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Avocado Milkshakes from The Texan New Yorker
- The Ginger Sass Cocktail from Nik Snacks
- Baked Custard Cups from Soni’s Food
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.