Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies! Cheesecake and brownies in ONE dessert? What could be better? This is the perfect dessert!
Hello!!! Well, here we are. . our first day of giveaways for this ENTIRE week of giveaways on Hip Foodie Mom! I had to start the week with TWO of my favorite things: chocolate and baking.
And this isn’t just ANY chocolate we’re talking about here. . this is Theo Chocolate. I’ve written about Theo Chocolate before; here, here and here (Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Mousse; you must check this out). I simply love this chocolate. It’s so delicious, smooth and silky . . . if you’ve never tried Theo, you must!! My favorite is their Sea Salt Dark but after trying their NEW holiday chocolate, the Gingerbread Spice might be pushing it’s way up to #1.
These holiday chocolate bars are sooooo good. And they are not even available yet! You get to see these chocolate bars first! And one lucky winner will win a holiday assortment of Theo Chocolate! (They will be in stores and online starting November 1st!)
I originally was going to bake some cookies with the chocolate so I could showcase the chocolate and the Silpat non-stick baking mat. Which is seriously the only non-stick baking mat to use when baking. And it’s not just for cookies! I use my Silpat when baking savory things too! Like these meatballs and these baked veggie wontons!
I love my Silpat.
But since this is DAY 1 of the week of giveaways. . I wanted to go big with the dessert. And cookies just wouldn’t do. So, grab the Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies recipe below AND ENTER THE GIVEAWAY. Good luck! and happy baking!
Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies and two Sweet Giveaways!!
- 6.5 oz. chocolate, roughly chopped (I used the Theo Gingerbread Spice)
- 1 stick + 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 14 oz. cream cheese
- 1¼ cups confectioners' sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups whipping cream
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, plus extra to decorate
- 2 oz. good quality chocolate bar for the curls
- Special equipment: a vegetable peeler
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Leave until melted and smooth.
- Place the butter and sugar in an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well and scraping any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula after each addition.
- Gradually beat in the flour, mixing well after each addition, then turn the mixer up to high speed and beat for a little longer until you get a smooth mixture. Slowly pour in the melted chocolate and mix thoroughly. Pour into the prepared baking pan (non-stick baking spray) and smooth over with a knife.
- Place the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on slow speed until smooth and thick. Add one egg at a time, while still mixing. Scrape any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula after each addition. The mixture should be very smooth and creamy.
- The mixer can be turned up to a higher speed at the end to make the mix a little lighter and fluffier, but be careful not to over mix, otherwise the cheese will split. Spoon on top of the brownie mixture and smooth over with a palette knife.
- Bake in the oven for 30–40 minutes, or until the cheesecake is firm to the touch and light golden around the edges. Leave to cool completely, then cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight if possible.
- Place the whipping cream, sugar and raspberries in an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat until firm but not stiff. Spread the topping evenly over the cooled brownie cheesecake and decorate with more raspberries.
- If adding the chocolate curls: microwave your chocolate for 10-15 seconds and simply use your vegetable peeler to shave and create chocolate curls. You can do this right over the cheesecake brownies! Enjoy!
Recipe from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. Recipe published online here.
THE GIVEAWAY. . One person will win BOTH!
(My apologies: Open to residents within the United States only.)
Disclosure: I was provided the holiday Theo Chocolate bars featured above for recipe development. Both giveaways are generously sponsored by Theo Chocolate and Silpat.