Ok, so I’ve made chocolate cream pies before. . but this time, I used NO sugar, NO cream cheese, NO heavy cream. I’m calling this a cheater recipe because it’s easier, takes less time, it’s NO BAKE! (but this does mean you have to wait at least 4-6 hrs for it to chill) and your friends will think you slaved away in the kitchen for hours whipping these babies up.
Just don’t tell them.
Let them think you are a superstar. Because you are.
Word up. Happy Wednesday. I hope you enjoy!
Yes, I am now obsessed with chocolate curls. I know. I have a problem.
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter; melted/softened
- 3-4 large graham crackers
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 8 oz semisweet + bittersweet chocolate; broken into pieces (I used 4 oz of each)
- 2 eggs*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream (store bought or homemade)
- chocolate curls or shavings on top (semi-sweet, bittersweet or whatever you want!)
- chocolate sprinkles
- 4-5, 4.5 oz ramekins
- If making the chocolate curls, a vegetable peeler
- Using your food processor (or just place your graham crackers in a large ziplock bag and smash them and mix with the melted butter in a bowl), pulse the graham crackers until they become crumbs. Pour in the melted/softened butter and pulse a few times more to incorporate. Remove from the food processor and press down the graham cracker mixture into each ramekin and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk over medium heat. You just want to see the bubbles forming around the edge of the saucepan (heat just to the edge of boiling).
- While the coconut milk is on the stove, using your blender, combine both the semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate pieces, the eggs, and the vanilla extract and blend until smooth; for about 30 seconds. Slowly pour in the coconut milk and blend until everything is thoroughly combined, for about a minute or two.
- Remove the ramekins from the refrigerator and pour the chocolate mixture into each ramekin, over the graham cracker crust, cover and chill for at least 4-6 hours — or overnight — until set.
- When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and add chocolate curls and chocolate sprinkles on top. Enjoy!
Adapted from The Pig and Quill’s blog. And yes, I know these are really Chocolate Pots de Crème, but I added a graham cracker crust and whipped cream so I’m calling these mini chocolate cream pies 🙂
Check this out. Just glorious. I love it when you can get everything in ONE bite.
Making these again on Friday. . just because 🙂 They are that good.