I’m a wine drinker. Never acquired the taste for beer. I know. I know. But give me a glass of red or white and I am a very happy girl. In my early 20’s, I was a cheap date. One glass (maybe even half a glass) and I was tipsy. Now, I can hold my own. Word.
I decided to have a little fun and wanted to test out my new Primula Flavor It Pitcher 3-in-1 Beverage System. From iced coffee to iced tea to sangria. This baby does it all. I really love the sleek design of the pitcher and the flavor infuser is great! With my sangria, I actually like also having all the fruit in my glass so I simply poured some out from the infuser. For other drinks, like teas or iced coffee, the Stainless Steel Tea Infuser is designed to brew loose tea or ground coffee, either hot or cold. How awesome is this?
The Primula Flavor It Pitcher 3-in-1 Beverage System
Brew it, flavor it, or chill it in the new Flavor It Pitcher from Primula. Whether you’re brewing hot or cold coffee or tea, infusing fresh fruit flavors into water, infusing mint or lavender into lemonade, or chilling mojitos for entertaining – Flavor It is an eco-friendly alternative to infused bottled beverages. The perfect pitcher, along with trend-forward accessories, makes beverage preparation easy. The pitcher, tea infuser, flavor infuser, lid, and top are dishwasher safe.
The beverage system includes:
- Flavor Infuser – can be filled with fresh fruit, herbs, or spices to lend intriguing flavor notes to water, tea, punch, and more. Creating a multitude of beverage options from cucumber lime drinks to blueberry iced tea, to sangria and more.
- Stainless Steel Tea Infuser – designed to brew loose tea or ground coffee, either hot or cold. The infuser’s filter sits low in the pitcher, accommodating small quantities as well as a full pitcher.
- Chill Core – filled with non-toxic gel, it is better than ice because it keeps the beverage cool without diluting the flavor.
Features and Benefits:
- BPA-free Tritan material
- 2.9 quart pitcher
- dishwasher safe
- scratch resistant
- shatter proof
- stain resistant
- fits into a standard refrigerator door
- no-spill locking lid
So, if you are looking for a Mother’s Day gift or just something for yourself, take a look at this. . I am so using this (+ my Zoku Quick Pop Maker) all summer long! So, I will leave you with that thought and this recipe! (A friend of mine told me he adds Fanta Orange in his sangria .. how awesome and brilliant is that?! Definitely going to be trying this soon!)
Very Berry Sangria!!
- 1 Bottle of red wine I suggest a good table red wine
- 1-2 oranges; halved and sliced with rind left on
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries; sliced
- 1/2 cup blackberries or raspberries
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups ginger ale to be added right before serving; optional
- Place all of the ingredients into a large pitcher except the ginger ale. Mix and refrigerate overnight. About 30 minutes before you are ready to serve, pour in the ginger ale if using and mix. The best Sangrias are chilled for about 24 hours in the refrigerator, really allowing the flavors to marinate into each other.
Disclosure: I was given a Primula Flavor It Pitcher 3-in-1 Beverage System for product review and recipe development purposes. As always, all opinions expressed here are my own.
Meghan @ The Tasty Fork says
What an awesome idea!! As much as I love fruit in my glass of sangria, sometimes when I try to take a drink, the fruit rushes out and spills on me. This is a full proof way to serve sangria for a girl like me!
Paula @ Vintage Kitchen says
That pitcher certainly does the work Alice! Berries in a sangria are so wonderful, not only do they get a little crushed and add juice, but after you drink the wine you eat them! I used to get very `happy´ like we say here (when you start to get a bit loud and giggly from the alcohol) just from eating the fruits. They were completely soaked in wine!
I love sangria. It’s one of my favourite summer drinks, and a great way to make some good red wine stretch a little further! The Fanta addition sounds interesting also… kinda like sangria punch! As always, I love your recipes Alice (and yay for wino bloggers! I’m a woman after your own heart!)
Nancy @ gottagetbaked says
Guuuuuurrrrlllll….I am picking up what you’re putting down. I love sangria so much. I was actually just thinking to myself the other day that I want to buy a pitcher so that I can make lots of cocktails this summer, such as sangria and mojitos. This pitcher looks amazing. In fact, I’m promising myself that I’m going to drink more, period. I’ve always been a lightweight with booze, except for my law school days. Students drink booze like fish and even I got into the hang of it. Now I don’t need much liquor to turn bright red and tipsy, but I can definitely slam back a few glasses of sangria. Yum!
Rhonda Knotts says
Does the 3-in-1 beverage system come with recipes?
I think there may have been some on the box . . I can’t remember now if they were inside but it’s easy to find lots of recipes online!