DIY Chocolate: Two Ways: Triple Chocolate Peanut Clusters and homemade Peanut Butter Cups! Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
No Valentine’s Day goes by without chocolate. I actually practice this thinking almost everyday. . in moderation.
So, here are two recipes I wanted to share with you today. . because if you haven’t made chocolate at home by yourself, you’re in for a treat. . because it’s so easy!!! I hope you enjoy one of these chocolate treats for yourself today!
Happy Valentine’s Day!!
Triple Chocolate Peanut Clusters! This recipe is from my friend and fellow blogger, Paula over at Vintage Kitchen Notes. All of Paula’s recipes are amazing; you definitely need to check out her blog.
I just made these Triple Chocolate Peanut Clusters in mini cupcake liners so they could travel better. I love how Paula uses three kinds of chocolate in this recipe. The end product is sheer chocolate deliciousness! These are seriously so easy to make. . I will not be buying chocolate clusters anymore; I will be making them myself!
Triple Chocolate Peanut Clusters: Recipe can be found here. You must check it out!
And no Valentine’s Day is complete for me without peanut butter + chocolate!! Here are some Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups!
Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 4 oz milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter or all natural crunchy peanut butter
- Maldon sea salt optional
- mini or regular sized cupcake liners
- Prepare your muffin tin with the cupcake liners.
- Break all of your chocolate into pieces and place HALF of each chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each 30 second interval. You will likely only need to heat for 2-3 :30 intervals. Once melted, stir well and pour into a liquid measuring cup for cleaner pouring into the cupcake liners. Pour a thin layer of chocolate into each cupcake liner. Spread with a small spoon to even out if needed.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm for about 30 minutes. Once cooled and solidified, drop about a teaspoon or two of the peanut butter into each cup, and smooth until flat.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in the microwave the same way you did previously. Once you have the melted chocolate, top the peanut butter with the melted chocolate and smooth down and make a slight swirl with a small spoon and sprinkle with very little Maldon sea salt. Chill in the refrigerator one last time until the chocolate is completely firm; for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
Recipe adapted from Two Tarts.