Can you imagine my moment of squeal and utter delight when I came across this recipe and discovered I already had EVERYTHING, every single one of these ingredients, already in my pantry at home?
Some might call that crazy. But I prefer to call it awesome.
In an effort to use up all of the candy toppings, every single kind of baking chocolate chip-esque morsel you can think of, and my coconut flakes, I baked these. Also, we’re having Asian for dinner tonight so whenever I have any kind of Asian food, I must end it with something sweet. Nothing else makes sense to me.
Averie calls these her Magic Eight Bars. Magic, indeed! But I had to re-name these to. . Everything But The bars because I feel like I literally threw everything I had into these delicious suckers. I added peanut butter morsels (yes, in addition to the chocolate, white chocolate and butterscotch morsels), and mini marshmallows on top (of half the bars) and only used 75% of the 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk. This, somehow, made me feel better. Don’t judge.
I repeatedly was saying, “Oh my gawd. Oh my gawd. .” the entire time I was eating these. Even while I was cutting these up, I got some melted chocolate, gooey marshmallow and coconut and the graham cracker crust on the knife. . . which I had to lick off. Amazing. I highly recommend adding mini marshmallows on top. You’ll get a gooey, stretchy, soft layer of marshmallow with each bite. It’s fantastic! I hope you enjoy!
"Everything But The" Bars . . Awesomeness in a Dessert Bar.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 can 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips split
- 1 cup butterscotch chips split
- 1 cup white chocolate chips split
- 1 cup peanut butter morsels split
- 1 1/3 cup coconut flakes either sweetened or unsweetened, split
- 1/2 cup Heath Bar toffee bits
- mini marshmallows optional, or sprinkle on just half
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in microwave-safe bowl and add the graham cracker crumbs to it. Stir to combine and press crumb mixture into a parchment paper lined and greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumb mixture.
- Layer evenly with half of the chocolate, butterscotch, white chocolate and peanut butter chips, then top with half the amount of coconut (about 3/4 cup). Then, sprinkle on the remaining chips and rest of the coconut. Sprinkle on the toffee bits over the top. If using, sprinkle on the mini marshmallows over the top.
- Bake at for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is barely browning. Let cool, slice and serve!
Recipe adapted from Averie Cooks.