Over time I have perfected the art of baking cookies. 🙂 Not having to use measuring spoons, knowing which cookie sheets work best for me, knowing when to refrigerate the dough and what kind of consistency that will give me etc. Back in the day, I used to bake like every weekend. . for friends, events, holidays, whatever. One Easter I made a variety of cookies and named each one and wrote a rap to The Next Episode – Dr. Dre w/Snoop Dogg to introduce all of my cookies. I’m not kidding. I seriously did this; I’m talented like that 🙂 Wish I still had the lyrics. . anyway, back to cookies. .
I was at my friend’s (Grace) house and she had just gone to a cookie exchange party (where people bake all sorts of cookies and you exchange them and get to take a whole bunch of yummy cookies home)! And I tried these sweet n salty cookies she had made – which were WONDERFUL- so good that I had to ask her for the recipe!
I’m calling these COWBOY cookies because, although the origin of the name is unclear, the cookies seem hearty enough for the Wild West. They have a soft, chewy, crunchy texture all their own. The recipe is basically your normal chocolate chip recipe, you are just adding potato chips and pretzels 🙂
Try these at your next party. . the men will surely LOVE them.
Cowboy Sweet n Salty Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi Sweet Chocolate chip morsels
- 2 cups coarsely broken rippled potato chips (make these as big or small as you want)
- 1 cup small pretzel twists, broken into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts (optional)