Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust for #NationalCheesecakeDay

Rich, raspberry flavored cheesecake with an Oreo cookie crust and topped with a delicious chocolate ganache and topped with fresh raspberries. Doesn't get any better than this! #cheesecake

You guys. The day has arrived. National Cheesecake day. .  and it’s glorious. Cheesecake lovers everywhere should definitely indulge in a huge slice today (it’s ok and the calories don’t count today), or maybe even two slices.

This cheesecake happens to be the best I have ever tasted and believe me, I did not skimp on any ingredients and went full fat on everything. It’s cheesecake after all. And it is National Cheesecake Day so I went big y’all. This cheesecake does have a secret ingredient, one that I have never before added, which I think made this cheesecake creamier and more luxurious. So make sure you take a look at the recipe card below.

I took a quick poll on Facebook asking if I should make a raspberry sauce, melted Nutella or a chocolate ganache and the chocolate ganache won by a landslide. No surprise there. And I’m so happy I listened. The ganache on this Raspberry Cheesecake was divine! You can also dust on some powdered sugar or not. Totally up to you!

Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust for #NationalCheesecakeDay
Prep time

Cook time

Total time

Notes: I used raspberry extract for more of a raspberry kick but vanilla extract will work just fine as well. I also refrigerated (or you can freeze) my cheesecake overnight and topped with the chocolate ganache and fresh raspberries the next day.
Recipe type: Dessert

For the chocolate ganache:
  • 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
  • 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
  • ½ cup heavy cream
For the Raspberry topping:
  • 2 packages fresh raspberries
  • confectioners’ sugar for dusting; optional

For the Oreo Crust:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Pulse the Oreo cookies and sugar in a food processor to make fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of 9 x 3-inch springform pan with removable bottom. Bake for about 10 minutes. Cool completely. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
For the Cheesecake:
  1. Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until well combined, for about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla (or raspberry extract) and pour into your prepared crust.
  2. Set the springform pan on a piece of wide heavy-duty aluminum foil. Fold the foil carefully up the sides of the pan without tearing it. Set the pan in a large baking dish or roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to reach halfway up sides of the springform pan.
  3. Bake for one hour at 325°F. Turn off the oven and prop the door ajar with the handle of a wooden spoon. Let cool in the oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Remove carefully from springform pan.
For the chocolate ganache:
  1. Place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl and set aside. Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until small bubbles appear on the outside edge of the cream. Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate. Using a wire whisk, gently stir from the middle out, until all of the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Allow the chocolate ganache to cool slightly and then pour over the cheesecake.
For the Raspberry topping:
  1. Top cheesecake with fresh raspberries and dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired. Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Driscolls.com.

You may or may not notice the missing Oreo crust on this slice, under the tip. I am guilty as charged. It broke off when I was slicing my cheesecake and I promptly ate it before taking my photo. Would you have done the same thing?

It’s National Cheesecake Day!

And because it’s National Cheesecake Day, I’ve teamed up here with a ton of fabulous bloggers brought together by Roxana from Roxana’s Home Baking. . We’re all sharing cheesecake recipes today.  . so kick back, enjoy and by all means get yourself a slice of cheesecake today!! Cheers!

Baked Cheesecakes:

No Bake Cheesecakes:

Cheesecake Beverages:

Cheesecake Cookies and Bars:

Cheesecake Desserts and Treats:

Frozen Cheesecakes and Treats:

98 Responses to "Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust for #NationalCheesecakeDay"

1. Pingback: Very Berry Cheesecake | JavaCupcake

2. Pingback: Butter Pecan Caramel No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes | Simply Southern Baking

3. Pingback: No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches | The Food Charlatan

4. Pingback: Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies - Lemons for Lulu

5. Pingback: Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars - Cooking In Stilettos™

6. Pingback: Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust | Cravings of a Lunatic

7. Pingback: Oreo Vegan Cheesecake | Namely Marly

8. Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness

July 30, 2014 at 6:18 am

Chocolate and raspberries have got to be one of the best combos…and then invite cheesecake to the party and it’s HEAVEN! Pinned!

9. Pingback: No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars- Garnish with Lemon | Garnish with Lemon

10. Pingback: No-bake limoncello cheesecake — Cake Duchess

11. Pingback: Mind Over Batter - Banana Foster No Bake Cheesecake Shooters

12. Pingback: No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars- Garnish with Lemon | Garnish with Lemon

13. Pingback: Lemon Cheesecake - Shugary Sweets

14. Pingback: Vanilla Bean Cheesecake - Wine & Glue

15. Pingback: Snickers Cheesecake - Life Love and Sugar

16. Pingback: Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles - The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen | The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen

17. Pingback: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars - Chez CateyLou

18. Betsy | JavaCupcake.com

July 30, 2014 at 7:34 am

I think our cheesecakes for National Cheesecake Day could be related! LOVE your flavor combo!

19. Pingback: #CheesecakeDay: Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake

20. Pingback: Low Carb Coconut Cheesecake Recipe | All Day I Dream About Food

21. Carolyn Ketchum

July 30, 2014 at 7:59 am

That is a thing of beauty, Alice!

22. Pingback: No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake - Crunchy Creamy Sweet

23. Jane Y.

July 30, 2014 at 8:04 am

oh my goodness this looks amazing. i am bookmarking this recipe to try out in the near future.

24. Shashi @ runninsrilankan

July 30, 2014 at 8:33 am

That chocolate ganache falling over the side is making me wanna lick the screen – glad you went with it! Happy national cheesecake day! :)

25. Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking

July 30, 2014 at 8:51 am

I’m so happy you went with the chocolate ganache instead of a raspberry sauce for the topping! It brings out the lovely color of the fresh raspberries you beautifully arranged on top.
    Thanks for sharing and joining us Alice

26. Pingback: Lightened Up Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake for #CheesecakeDay

27. Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)

July 30, 2014 at 9:27 am

Girl you seriously put your foot in this cheesecake! It is amazing!!!! Pinning and I can’t pin fast enough!

28. Zainab

July 30, 2014 at 9:31 am

Alice this is stunning!! I love the classic chocolate and raspberry flavors going on here :)

29. Pingback: Caramel Cheesecake Martini - Happy Food, Healthy Life

30. Pingback: Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache by The Redhead Baker

31. Aimee @ ShugarySweets

July 30, 2014 at 10:05 am

Oh! That ganache dripping down the sides has me drooling. And those fresh raspberries! Good call. PINNED :)

32. Pingback: Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake | gotta get baked

33. Amy | Club Narwhal

July 30, 2014 at 11:04 am

Alice, I am dying over here! What a gorgeous, gorgeous cheesecake. And Oreo crust? Say no more :)

34. Pingback: Ricotta Cheesecake with Strawberry Basil Sauce - Heather's French Press

35. Pingback: Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake - Savvy Eats

36. Jolena @TheRubyKitchen

July 30, 2014 at 11:35 am

You had me at ganche. I would never have though to add a ganache to cheesecake! Beautiful job.

37. Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon

July 30, 2014 at 11:55 am

Ganache, Raspberry and Chocolate? Absolutely LOVE- pinned.

38. Liz

July 30, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Oh, Alice, your cheesecake has MY name written all over it! Simply gorgeous!!! And the raspberry extract is genius. A total winner!

39. Pingback: Strawberry Cheesecake Pots Recipe from Barbara Bakes

40. Pingback: Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust recipe

41. Pingback: Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars - A Kitchen Addiction

42. Heather @ French Press

July 30, 2014 at 12:22 pm

I probably voted raspberry sauce, but that ganache is SO the winner! what a gorgeous cheesecake

43. John@Kitchen Riffs

July 30, 2014 at 12:23 pm

I love cheesecake! Too much, alas. 😉 This looks out-of-the-world good. Thanks.

44. Pingback: Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake | Wishes and Dishes

45. Meriem @ Culinary Couture

July 30, 2014 at 12:57 pm

SO MANY CHEESECAKE RECIPES! I really love yours, it’s simple but elegant :)

46. Pingback: Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies |

47. Pingback: No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts

48. Cate @ Chez CateyLou

July 30, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Such a GLORIOUS day!! And your cheesecake looks amazing!! Chocolate Ganache was definitely the way to go. Pinning! Happy Cheesecake Day!

49. Lisa @ Wine & Glue

July 30, 2014 at 6:01 pm

I can’t get over this cheesecake! Seriously, it looks absolutely amazing with the ganache and the raspberries! Yumm! Pinned and shared on FB!

August 1, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Thank you so much, Lisa!!!

50. Arpita@ The Gastronomic Bong

July 30, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Omg! The cheesecake looks so delicious. Totally in love with the crust .. and those raspberries topping. . Just Wow !!

August 1, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Thanks so much Arpita .. yeah, this one did not last for very long in the house! :)

51. Nancy @ gottagetbaked

July 30, 2014 at 7:01 pm

“believe me, I did not skimp on any ingredients and went full fat on everything” <– this is why I love you. You totally get me and my full-fat loving ways. Alice, I can't tell you how beautiful and perfect your cheesecake looks. That thick oreo crust (usually my favourite part!), that perfectly creamy and dense texture, that thick rich ganache (I want to drink it) and those gorgeous ruby red raspberries. Damn, you are the cheesecake queen!

August 1, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Nancy, ah you are too kind. . thank you!!! I’m just happy I got this cheesecake out of the oven without flying cheesecake and water going everywhere! 😛

52. Pingback: No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars

53. Julie

July 30, 2014 at 8:26 pm

So pretty and I love the fresh raspberries on top!

August 1, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Thank you so much, Julie!! We need something to balance out all the chocolate and cream cheese, right? :)

54. Pingback: Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart - From Brazil To You

55. Pingback: Pumpkin Cheesecake - Lady Behind the Curtain

56. Connie | URBAN BAKES

July 31, 2014 at 12:15 pm

This is seriously perfection right here. That ganache suits this cake so well and your photos (as always) are beautiful! Love it!

August 1, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Thank you so much, Connie!!! I think ganache always makes desserts look good!

57. Karen @ The Food Charlatan

July 31, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Oh my gosh Alice…you’re kidding me. This looks CRAZY AWESOME!! ganache???

August 1, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Thank you, Karen!! girl, I feel the same way about your caramelized peaches!!! love!!!

58. Shaina

August 1, 2014 at 4:04 pm

GORG, Alice! I wish I could eat this right off my screen!

59. Kelly

August 1, 2014 at 11:53 pm

Wow, this cake is absolutely stunning, Alice!!! I love love love the thick oreo crust, the pretty raspberry topping and glorious chocolate ganach dripping down the sides. Pinned. Can’t stop drooling over this true beauty! Swoon!

60. Tara

August 2, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Stunning, you always amaze me!! Thank you so much for sharing such a gorgeous recipe!!!

August 3, 2014 at 9:29 am

Thanks so much, Tara!!

61. Anita at Hungry Couple

August 3, 2014 at 8:26 am

I can barely concentrate on the recipe because I’m too focused on that absolutely stunning cake. Raspberries…and oreos…and cheesecake? I would like this shipped to me house ASAP!

August 3, 2014 at 9:27 am

Thanks so much, Anita!!

62. Stacy

August 3, 2014 at 11:28 am

Now THIS is the way to cover a cheesecake with raspberries, Alice! It is absolutely stunning in every way. And to answer your question, I would definitely eat all the pieces that fall off. Baker’s privilege. :)

August 3, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Thanks so much, Stacy!!!

63. Pingback: Lilikoi Cheesecake

64. Russell from Chasing Delicious

August 4, 2014 at 1:26 pm

There is nothing in this cheesecake that I just don’t adore! Yum! Also, I’m officially going to try each and every one of those cheesecakes – it may take a few years but I’ll do it!

August 4, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Russell, haha, you crack me up! But, on the other hand, I can’t think of a better list to bake your way through! Thank you for the visit!

65. Ala

August 4, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Raspberry and chocolate–of course! This is one stellar combination and I’m so glad I got to celebrate with you :)

August 5, 2014 at 10:32 am

Thanks so much, Ala!!! Me too!!

66. Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron

August 5, 2014 at 6:07 am

Alice this is the prettiest cheesecake ever! All those raspberries are perfection Alice! And I love that oreo crust :) Pinned!

August 5, 2014 at 10:34 am

Awh, thanks so much Chelsea! coming from you, I’ll take that as a HUGE compliment! :)

67. Lora @cakeduchess

August 5, 2014 at 8:30 am

This list of cheesecakes just keeps getting better and better the closer I look at them! Obviously, it hasn’t been close enough with yours…as I don’t have a slice in front of me. LOVE the ganache and the stunning berries nestled dreamily on top. Perfect, Alice!

August 5, 2014 at 10:36 am

Thanks so much, Lora!!! Cheesecake day was like the best day ever!!

68. Laura (Tutti Dolci)

August 5, 2014 at 6:59 pm

What an incredible cheesecake, that chocolate ganache topping was a great move!

August 6, 2014 at 8:10 am

Thanks so much, Laura!

69. holly waterfall

August 6, 2014 at 4:49 pm

That chocolate ganache was a fantastic choice! I’m sure it tastes amazing, but even more so, LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL!!! PINNED!

70. Pingback: Vegan Mango Coconut Cheesecake - Jessiker Bakes | The Blog

71. Terri/LoveandConfections

August 12, 2014 at 10:03 am

This cheesecake looks heavenly! I love the raspberry and chocolate ganache top – makes it look so elegant!

72. Pingback: White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake - Will Cook For Smiles

73. Pingback: Cherry Cheesecake Brownies

74. Pingback: Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake Cake for #cheesecakeday | Wallflour Girl

75. Pingback: Cheesecake Factory Vegan Copycat Oreo Cheesecake - Namely Marly

76. Chichi

November 13, 2014 at 1:57 pm

This cheesecake looks so so amazing. Pinning

77. Pingback: Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping | Boulder Locavore

78. Pingback: Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake - Blahnik Baker

79. Pingback: White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel - Taste and Tell

80. Pingback: Key Lime Cheesecake Trifles

81. Pingback: S'mores Cheesecake Recipe - The Gunny Sack

82. Tracy

August 17, 2015 at 10:38 am

I am making this for my MIL for her birthday. She loves the Nutella Raspberry dessert pizza at our favorite pizza place. This looks like the perfect substitute. If i am making this a day in advance, should i put the ganache and raspberries on that same day, or do those the day of?

83. Misty

October 6, 2015 at 12:30 pm

I have made this 3 times since February and I’m adding it to the shopping list for this weekend!!!! So good!!! I used the raspberry extract.

October 6, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Hi Misty!!! Thank you so much for this comment!!! you made my day! Cheers!