Empanadas!

Empanadas_main | HipFoodieMom.com

The snow is finally gone and there’s a spring in everyone’s step. .  heck, people are even wearing shorts and flip flops in this 50 degree weather. And yesterday it was 70 degrees!! We’re starting to see our neighbors’ faces again, kids riding their bikes and we’ve been walking to the park quite a bit.

Spring is finally here and it’s time to celebrate my friends. It’s time to celebrate with Empanadas. And lots of them.

empanadas_out of the oven

Empanadas_vertical | HipFoodieMom.com

Empanadas are a great, delicious finger food to serve when entertaining and the best part? You can create so many different fillings! Have a vegetarian in the house? No problem. Have someone who wants chicken and someone else who wants beef? You can make both!

Empanadas_inside_filling | HipFoodieMom.com

While I was recipe testing for these babies, I made empanadas for like 4 days straight. I took some over to my neighbor, got some feedback and went back into the kitchen. I have to say I’m very happy with the final recipe!

So, head on over to KitchenAid’s blog to read this post and to get this recipe!  I made my own olive oil pastry crust and there are THREE different filling recipes! Enjoy!

Empanadas_on plate | HipFoodieMom.com

8 Responses to "Empanadas!"

1. cheri

April 21, 2014 at 12:19 pm

These look wonderful, love the crust that you made. I was thinking it would be nice to make a big batch and then freeze some for later, Can this be done?

April 21, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Hi Cheri,
      Are you asking regarding the pastry crust or the empanadas themselves? I would say make the olive oil pastry dough and the fillings, make the empanadas and then freeze them. I haven’t done this yet but you can do this, no problem! I hope you enjoy!

2. Nancy @ gottagetbaked

April 21, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Girl, there is nothing that you can’t do. These empanadas look perfect. Heading over to check out the recipe!

3. Alice

April 22, 2014 at 1:41 am

What a delicious feast. Though it’s not Spring here I would gladly welcome a little home cooked love with these pastry filled goodies. Such a great idea for a party where folk can tuck in and enjoy with those yummy sides too :)

4. Amy | Club Narwhal

April 23, 2014 at 8:30 am

Alice, these look so awesome! I’ve never made empanadas but I can definitely eat them by the dozen (don’t judge :). And here’s hoping that it finally starts warming up where I live. You are giving me hope!

April 23, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Hi Amy! Hang in there!! Hopefully Spring is right around the corner!! :) You have to try making empanadas yourself. . you could probably come up with a fabulous filling recipe yourself!

5. Chris @ Shared Appetite

April 28, 2014 at 9:33 pm

MMmmm I love empanadas! They are so customizable and are complete handheld meals! Found your blog through Erin over at The Law Student’s Wife. I’m having fun looking around!

April 29, 2014 at 6:12 am

Thank you so much, Chris! Hope you give these a try!