Apple, Brie and Honey Bruschetta.
So, I made these apps for Thanksgiving (well, uh, and the day before Thanksgiving because I HAD to taste test them before I served these to my guests). I mean, I had to make sure these were tasty and worthy of being served on Thanksgiving Day. . yeah right. I have no self control when it comes to brie. LOVE the stuff. And this bruschetta did not disappoint. I won’t tell you how many I ate. . That little detail is not important. Seriously, these are really delicious. And best when gobbled up right when they are done. The brie is a little melted and warm on the bread and the crisp, sweet apples, along with the honey and Nutella. Oh baby. Damn, these were good.
If you like brie, apple and bread, you must try this recipe . . plus it’s so easy and simple to make so there are absolutely no excuses. These are the perfect appetizers for when you are entertaining guests, having girlfriends over or even just for YOURSELF!
I hope you enjoy!
- 1 baguette, cut into thin slices
- olive oil
- 6 to 8 ounces brie
- 1 to 2 fresh apples, thinly sliced (like Honeycrisp, Fuji, or Jonagold)
- ¼ to ½ cup roasted pecans, finely chopped or crumbled
- honey, for drizzling
- Nutella, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly drizzle baguette slices with olive oil and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for about 5 minutes or until light browned, flipping once about halfway through.
- Remove the baguette slices from oven and immediately spread each with a generous chunk of brie. Next, top with the thin apple slices and sprinkle some chopped pecans. Drizzle with honey and Nutella (if desired). Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from The Craving Chronicles.