Best Steak Marinade in Existence!!
I don’t quite remember how I stumbled upon Chrissy’s blog but once I found it, I was amazed to find out, Chrissy Teigen, is a beautiful model who blogs about food and cooks! I love it! And, most people, of course, know her as “John Legend’s girlfriend” but again, I love the fact that she loves food and is cooking!
Chrissy posted this recipe for the steak marinade that John actually made for her. . which makes me LOVE HIM even more. He sings, he cooks, he grills. . he’s awesome. And boy, this marinade is awesome. It really is the real deal yo. If you grill and like meat, you must try this. But I was thinking about this. . you need 3 things in order to have a delicious steak and I can only help you with one:
- You must have a good piece of meat. Yeah most people talk about only purchasing grass-fed organic beef or steak. . read up on it.
- You must have a good marinade. Done. It’s right here. ’nuff said.
- You must know how to grill a steak properly. Don’t undercook it, don’t burn the poor thing. I can’t help you with this. My husband is the grillin’ master of our house. If you don’t have someone to grill for you or you can’t do it. Find someone who can and keep him or her close to you. 🙂
Once you have these three things, make this marinade. It really is delicious! I am seriously now thinking of buying enough rib-eye or tri-tip to last me the entire week so I can eat more of this!
Grill on, my friends. Grill on.
Best Ever Steak Marinade
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1½ tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic or fresh minced garlic
- Place the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, basil, parsley, and pepper in a blender. Add hot pepper sauce and garlic, if desired. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds or until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the marinade over desired type of meat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 5 to 8 hours. The longer you allow the meat to marinate, the better. Grill meat and enjoy.