Avocado & Grilled Corn Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
Summer’s here. . you know because the kids are out of school and you can find sweet corn on the cob everywhere. Here’s another great, fresh salad to enjoy! This is the easiest and most yummy (most yummy?) salad out there! It’s light and refreshing. ’nuff said. Thank you to the Authentic Suburban Gourmet for her lovely recipe! I just added yellow and orange bell peppers for color and taste!
Avocado and Grilled Corn Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 2-3 Ears Corn, husk removed, brush with olive oil and grilled, remove corn with sharp knife
- 1- 2 Avocado’s, diced and sprinkled with lemon juice to prevent browning
- 1 cup tomatoes; chopped
- 1 cup yellow bell peppers; chopped
- 1 cup orange bell peppers; chopped
- ½ or 1 Small red onion, finely diced
- ¾ C. Feta, crumbled (optional)
- 1 ½ C. English cucumber; chopped
- Cilantro Vinaigrette:
- • 6 Tablespoons Olive oil
- • 2 Tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- • 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- • 2 Tablespoons. Fresh cilantro, minced
- • ½ teaspoon. Salt
- • 10 Grinds of fresh ground pepper
- Add all of the above ingredients in a medium sized bowl and combine all the ingredients for the vinaigrette separately (or jar if you have one and shake) and whisk.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning and ratios of oil and vinegar as you desire.
- When ready to serve the salad, add the dressing and gently toss.