Peanut Noodles With Shrimp! A super easy and delicious Thai-inspired peanut noodles dish with shrimp, cabbage, bell peppers and carrots. A weeknight dinner you have to try!
I love how shrimp can cook in no time at all. Lately, I’m in search of all dinners that can be made in under 20 or 30 minutes. Anyone else feeling extremely tired lately? Maybe it’s the weather. I just looked at my calendar and can’t believe January is almost over.
We move into our new house hopefully by the end of February. This next month will be spent packing. Packing, going through boxes here in the apartment that I never unpacked from when we moved from Wisconsin. I basically brought too much here so there’s wasn’t any room to unpack. We also have a truck load of stuff coming back to us from Wisconsin, at the beginning of March. It’s been in storage for almost a year and a half.
A year and a half!
I want to try to donate and get rid of a lot of stuff so this next month, I’m focusing on easy weeknight dinners. Anyone else have cooking fatigue?
Peanut Noodles With Shrimp
This recipe is so easy to make! I think it’s all about the peanut sauce. It can be made creamier by adding more peanut butter. I think it would also work beautifully with chicken.
I usually make this a little spicy but if you’re making a big batch for your family and kids, you can easily skip the crushed red pepper flakes and just add some chili crunch oil like I did here.
If you make this, let me know what you think!
Peanut Noodles With Shrimp
- 14 oz. rice noodles
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 lime (juice only*) (start with 1 tablespoon*)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb. raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 cups napa cabbage shredded
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped + more if desired
- green onions diced for garnish
- crushed roasted peanuts to sprinkle
- lime wedges
- Sriracha sauce optional
- spicy chili oil optional
- Cook the rice noodles according to package directions. Rice noodles usually don't take longer than 4 to 5 minutes to cook. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients from the peanut butter to the fresh lime juice*. Whisk together until smooth, taste and adjust any ingredients as needed.
- Using a large non-stick pan or skillet, add the oil to the pan over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and cook on each side until pink. Turn the heat to medium low, and add in the napa cabbage, bell peppers and carrots. Toss together using tongs. Add in the rice noodles and pour in the peanut sauce and toss together for just a few minutes. I like to undercook the vegetables so they are still a little crunchy.
- Serve and garnish with fresh cilantro, green onions, peanuts and lime wedges. Mix in Sriracha or chili oil if desired. Enjoy!