How To Cook Salmon in your oven! I drizzle on a little extra virgin olive oil, season mine with a lemon pepper seasoning from Penzeys Spices and some smoked paprika! Garnish with fresh parsley and squeeze on some lemon or lime juice! Enjoy!
I’m going to the basics you guys. I recently showed you guys how to make soft boiled eggs, how to cook a steak in the oven. . . and today, I’m here to show you how I cook my salmon filets in the oven!
Everyone has an opinion when it comes to the best way to cook salmon: low and slow .. high temp for shorter. Some prefer pan frying. . it’s totally up to you.
How To Cook Salmon
My method for oven-baked salmon is quick and easy, but delivers on flavor. Here’s what works for me: buying fresh salmon filets, drizzling on a little extra virgin olive oil, seasoning with my lemon pepper seasoning from Penzeys Spices and some smoked paprika! I roast salmon in the oven at 425 for about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of my salmon filet. Some have suggested just broiling (500 degrees) so I am definitely going to try that next!
I just know I can’t do 350 for 25 to 30 minutes because I’m too impatient but I will try it one day just to taste the difference! What do you do? Let me know in the comment section below!
How To Cook Salmon
- fresh salmon filet
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon pepper seasoning from Penzeys Spices*
- smoked paprika
- fresh parsley finely diced
- lime or lemon wedge
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Prep and line a baking sheet. If desired, pat your salmon filet gently with a paper towel. Lightly drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil, season with lemon pepper seasoning from Penzeys Spices and some smoked paprika.
- Bake in the oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your salmon filet. Remove from oven. Sprinkle on fresh parsley and serve with a lime or lemon wedge. Enjoy!
More delicious salmon recipes!
- Baked Salmon with Roasted Potatoes
- Broiled Salmon with Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Slaw
- Crispy Skinned Salmon with Creamy Cashew Dressing