Frosted Eggnog Cookies!!! Made with Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs! These cookies have the perfect eggnog flavor, not overwhelming and just enough amazing holiday flavor and they are topped with a delicious eggnog frosting! These cookies must be baked this holiday season!
I was never a huge fan of eggnog until recently. I think it’s because, growing up, my parents never busted out the eggnog over the holidays. Our holidays were filled with delicious hams and turkeys and Korean food and maybe this rice drink but never eggnog.
But once I had my first taste of this holiday magic, I fell in love. And I made cinnamon rolls and a cheesecake and, of course, these cookies had to happen.
Once the cookie baking bug has got me, I can’t seem to stop. I’ve been baking up cookies like there’s no tomorrow. And the weather here in Wisconsin is perfect for it. As I type this right now, I’m looking out to a snowy, white filled winter wonderland in my backyard. It’s perfect.
And the only thing needed are these frosted eggnog cookies.
I used Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs for these cookies. Even though I’m baking my cookies, my kids are with me in the kitchen helping and cracking open eggs so I just have peace of mind.
Davidson’s Safest Choice® Pasteurized Eggs are pasteurized in an all-natural warm water bath to eliminate the risk of Salmonella in eggs—without changing the nutrition or flavor. Davidson’s Safest Choice® Pasteurized Eggs’ patented, all natural, award-winning egg pasteurization eliminates the risk of Salmonella in eggs before they even enter your kitchen.
These eggs look, cook, and taste just like other eggs. For me, they give me peace of mind when I’m using uncooked eggs in recipes, and even when I’m not.
These Frosted Eggnog Cookies are seriously so good! They have the perfect soft, chewy flavorful texture and consistency and I could even eat them plain, with no frosting at all! And that says a lot!
But I must say that the eggnog frosting takes these cookies from delicious to amazing! And if you’re concerned about the rum extract, you can simply omit it. No worries!
These cookies are delicious on their own so try them without the frosting as well. *If you’d like frosting on all of the cookies, DOUBLE the frosting recipe below.
Frosted Eggnog Cookies
For the cookies:
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 tablespoons 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large Safest Choice egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- ½ cup eggnog at room temp
For the frosting*:
- 4 tablespoons 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 tablespoons eggnog at room temp
- ¼ teaspoon rum extract
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar + more if needed
- ground cinnamon for garnish to taste
For the cookies:
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using stand mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment, beat together the butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Add in egg yolks, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Mix in vanilla, rum extract, and eggnog until combined.
- With mixer on low, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Remove bowl from stand mixer, cover, and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. An overnight refrigeration is suggested if you can do it!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Scoop out tablespoon sizes of cookie dough and place onto parchment-lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on edges and cooked in the center. Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting*:
- Using a stand mixer fitted with flat beater attachment, beat together the butter, eggnog, rum extract, and powdered sugar. Add more powdered sugar if needed to get the consistency you want.
- Frost the eggnog cookies and lightly dust with some ground cinnamon. Enjoy!
FULL RECIPE can be found at SafeEggs.com. And be sure to check out Safe Egg’s Classic Eggnog recipe. It’s so delicious!!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Davidson’s Safest Choice® Pasteurized Eggs. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.
Wow eggnogs! Such a mouthwatering recipe this is! Can’t wait to try this at home!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
I love eggnog, but I can only drink so much of it, because it’s so rich! But I do love baking with it, especially in cookies. Love these frosted cuties, Alice!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen says
I love eggnog but after a couple sips, it’s a bit much. This is the perfect way to enjoy the flavor!
Jennifer @ Show Me the Yummy says
When are we making that cookie exchange happen?! 😉
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen says
What a fabulous way to enjoy some delicious holiday eggnog Alice!
Tieghan Gerard says
These look amazing! Love that creamy frosting!
Rony JahidSo says
Wow these are so creamy! loved these too much.
Sarah | Broma Bakery says
Omg look at us cookie twinning today! Love these!!!
haha, yeah I thought the same thing! 🙂 Love yours too!!
Laura | Tutti Dolci says
I adore these cookies, that frosting is everything!!
Hi Alice ! Thank you sharing this beauty with us. Happy holidays !
betty song says
these look delicious alice! i’m gonna make this for a holiday cookies exchange party this weekend!