Boozy Chocolate Lava Cakes made with Cabernet Sauvignon. So delicious and so EASY to make! The perfect dessert for any chocolate lover!
11 days until Christmas. . I can’t believe it.
Lately, I’ve been feeling super thankful for my husband, our girls, our friends, our health and I’m excited to be seeing my family soon for the holidays.
Whenever we get together, I will cook or bake something . . or bring something that I’ve already baked. My sister complains that she’s gaining weight because of all my delicious food . . but she goes back for more anyway. 🙂 This year, we’re doing prime rib and I’m going to make my Cheddar Cheese and Chive Popovers. . I know Grace and my entire family will love these.
There’s something so special about family time over the holidays. And for us, because we all live in different states, it’s a cherished time. We get to just sit and catch up, see the kids play together and we EAT!!
My family and I love a good bottle of wine. I love both reds and whites, but for dessert I’m a red drinker all the way.
Especially when there’s chocolate involved. And fresh raspberries.
entwine’s Cabernet Sauvignon is rich, fruity, and herbaceous – “like eating raspberry jam off of a sprig of thyme.” Doesn’t that sound amazing?! I also love this Cabernet Sauvignon with beef, pork, Italian food and roasted vegetables. It’s so delicious . . .
I had to add some to my Chocolate Lava Cakes. .
You guys!! Boozy Chocolate Lava Cakes!!! Mind blown! This dessert was SO good! Beyond delicious. I can’t wait to make these for my family in Texas. I already have my ramekins packed! I’m not joking.
And I used these eggs. Because sometimes people worry about the eggs not being fully cooked. So, there’s nothing to worry about. . because I love a good ooooooze out of my lava cake.
It’s like having rich, delicious chocolate syrup with your cake. This was so good you guys. You have to try this! There could have been some licking of the plate involved here. And I absolutely loved drinking my entwine Cabernet Sauvignon while eating my boozy chocolate lava cakes!
This would be the perfect EASY dessert to make for your family this holiday season! I hope you give this recipe a try!
Boozy Chocolate Lava Cakes
- 1 to 1 ½ teaspoons granulated sugar; for the ramekins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter one stick, cubed
- 2 ounces good quality semisweet chocolate chopped
- 2 ounces good quality bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar; sifted
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons entwine Cabernet Sauvignon
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of four 6-oz. ramekins and sprinkle each with a little sugar. (This will help you remove the lava cakes from the ramekins easier). Place ramekins on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Using a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter and chopped chocolate in :30 increments until melted. Whisk until smooth. Stir in the confectioners' sugar until completely smooth. Then, add the eggs, egg yolks, vanilla and entwine Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Next, stir in the flour and salt. Mix well until completely incorporated and then spoon the batter into the prepared ramekins.
- Bake for about 13 to 15 minutes or until the cake sides are somewhat firm and the centers are soft. Remove ramekins to a wire rack to cool for about 5 to 7 minutes. Carefully run a small knife around the edges of the cakes to loosen. Invert the warm cakes onto serving plates. Carefully lift the ramekins off the cakes. Serve warm with fresh berries and more entwine Cabernet Sauvignon!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with entwine wines. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting me in working with the brands and products that I use and love.