Happy New Year! We’re back home in Wisconsin and it’s back to school and work for everyone today. In my last post, I mentioned my goals for healthier eating for this year. More greens, smoothies, vegetables, fruit and whole grains and complex carbs, most of which are gluten-free or low-gluten like quinoa, farro, barley, red rice, black rice, winter squashes, sweet potatoes, oats, soba noodles, beans, and lentils.
It’s freaking cold here in Wisconsin (today is -8 degrees!!) and there’s lots of snow in our forecast this winter. I love snuggling up with a big bowl of delicious soup. Soup that’s filling, hearty and good for you.
I love making soups in my blender. This way, I can throw in a lot of veggies. . I’m not trying to hide them from my husband and the kids, but if it’s blended together, they just eat it, no questions asked. Otherwise, it would be, “Mom, what’s this?” “Mom, why did you put cauliflower in here?” We love blender soups at my house.
I love that my KitchenAid Diamond blender helps to transform real ingredients into something delicious, all by pressing a button.
You guys have to try this soup! Creamy, packed with vegetables and deliciously flavorful, this soup is perfect for lunch or dinner. And since we’re going for healthy here, skip the croutons and the grilled cheese sandwich and, if you really need something, enjoy your soup with some kale chips instead!
Today, one lucky winner will win a KitchenAid Diamond blender!! I love this blender so much and have made asparagus pesto, empanadas, smoothies and more smoothies. Enter using the widget below and be sure to visit all of the other posts for more entries to win!!
Good luck and here’s to a healthier New Year for us all!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery, chopped
- ½ cauliflower head, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Using a heavy bottomed dutch oven or pot, heat the oil and curry powder over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant, for about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the carrots, celery, cauliflower and onions; toss to coat. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are very tender, for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for a few minutes.
- Working in batches of no more than 2 cups at a time, transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth or the soup has reached the consistency you want. If desired, you can return the pureed soup to the pot to heat through before serving. Season with the lemon juice, salt and pepper and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from EatingWell.com
A huge thank you to Erin from The Law Student’s Wife for bringing us all together today for this!
More fabulous blender recipes:
Giveaway prize is one KitchenAid Diamond Blender (note: there is one overall winner for the giveaway as a whole, not one per blog). Giveaway will remain open until 11:59 pm CST on Sunday, January 11th. Winner must be a U.S. resident over the age of 18.
Disclosure: This is not a paid post. I seriously love this blender and wanted to give you all a chance to win it. The giveaway is sponsored by KitchenAid.