Pan-fried Juustoliepa with Fresh Greens! Juustoleipa cheese, also known as “bread cheese” is a great addition to your grilled vegetables and fresh salads and it’s delicious!
My family loves grilled meats and grilled vegetables. It’s such an easy and delicious way to cook food in the summer. My husband is our resident grill master and loves getting the grill ready and prepped and manages to always grill everything to perfection.
Juustoleipa (pronounced: hoo-stah-lee-pah or you-stoy-lay-PA) cheese, also known as “bread cheese” is a great addition to your grilled vegetables and fresh salads. “Bread cheese” has a very mild flavor, especially toward its brown crust where it has been caramelized. Juustoleipa reminds me of cheese curds because of it’s “squeaky” nature. This cheese has a buttery flavor, and the heat from baking caramelizes the sugars on the outside of the cheese to form a tasty crust similar to brown bread.
I’ve teamed up with Wisconsin Cheese to bring you TWO fabulous summer recipes. So, click here to read the rest of this post and to get my recipes for this fabulous salad plus summer grilled vegetables with Juustoleipa. You have to see how I used the Chipotle Bread Cheese!
- 10 ounces of fresh greens (spring mix, baby spinach or arugula)
- ½ cup Wisconsin juustoleipa cheese, cubed
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Strawberry vinaigrette or balsamic glaze
- Place fresh greens in four serving bowls. Heat cubed Wisconsin juustoleipa in frying pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously until cheese is heated through and beginning to melt.
- Divide heated juustoleipa among bowls of greens and top each serving with strawberries, walnuts and dressing, or balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Wisconsin Cheese. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.