What is Suja Juice? Suja Juice is cold-pressed organic juices and smoothies. At Suja, their mission is to help you live a long, beautiful life. “We’ve handcrafted two lines of delicious cold pressured organic juices that are 100% USDA Certified Organic and non-GMO. Suja Classic, packed with pure fruits and vegetables, is the convenient way to drink your daily nutrients and maintain your overall health. Our inspired Suja Elements line is epically refreshing, packed with vital nutrients, amino acids, omegas and antioxidants. With a wide range of cold pressured organic offerings, Suja has a juice for every lifestyle.”
I was actually introduced to Suja Juice while attending IFBC in Seattle.
I am really happy that I did this and I couldn’t be more pleased with how I feel and how the juices tasted. The 3-Day Cleanse is a little more intensive than the 1-day, but very beneficial. The 3-day cleanse is perfect for those looking to reset their body. All of these juices are pre-packaged and delivered straight to your door.
Suja’s Fresh Start Program is all spelled out. . telling you what to drink when, so it’s very easy to follow.
If you’re going to do this full-force, Suja spells out exactly what to do:
Before the Fresh Start Program
A couple of days prior to beginning your program, it is a good idea to start eliminating coffee, alcohol, dairy, red meat, sugar, and white flour and bread products. Maximizing fruits, vegetables, and whole grains will make the transition into your program much easier!
During the Program
On the morning of your first day, alkalize your body with a warm glass of water with lemon and/or a tablespoon apple cider vinegar. A little while later, when your body feels the need for something more, begin with your juices for the day.
Everything actually tasted pretty good but I absolutely loved “Fuel” and “Green Supreme”. These are definitely juices that I am going to buy and just drink, maybe even as a meal replacement every once in a while.
How My 3-Day Cleanse Went:
I did prepare myself by only eating veggies and salad the day before I started. The first day, I was really surprised that I wasn’t hungry by 11am. Usually, by this time, I’m starving and ready to eat lunch. But by dinner time, I was really hungry and cheated and ate a few bites of my husband’s dinner*. See my notes for people who have to cook for their families or food bloggers down below.
On Day 2: I felt great. So great that I even went running. I was really surprised at how much energy I had. But the morning of Day 3, I felt a little tired and hungry. So, I ate some fruit in the morning. Overall, I felt great and really feel like this fresh start cleanse helped me to reset. And it totally wasn’t about weight loss, but I did lose a few pounds. All water weight I’m sure. . which I will gain back probably quickly. But again, I felt great and this is something I am thinking of doing every other month from now on.
*Notes for Food Bloggers and just notes in general:
- Plan, plan, plan: don’t do this cleanse when you have numerous recipe deadlines or delicious, leftover food in the fridge. It will only tempt you.
- Prep your body a couple of days prior like the website says. I’m sure I would have had even more success had I started prepping a couple of days prior, rather than just the day before.
- Stock up on the raw veggies, avocados and sweet potatoes and just have them in the house just in case. so, if you do get hungry and have to eat something, you can easily reach for these things as opposed to something else.
- I found myself going to the bathroom more often than usual (of course) so I would recommend doing this cleanse when you have easy access to a bathroom.
- Only exercise if you absolutely want to. . I get extremely hungry after exercising so I was a little worried about working out during the 3 days but, like I said above, I had a lot of energy so I went for it. I just downed a lot of water and then the “Purify” afterwards.
- Don’t make delicious food for your family during these 3 days, only make foods that aren’t going to distract you. TOTALLY JOKING HERE. Well, maybe not.
So, overall, I highly recommend this 3-Day Fresh Start Cleanse. I really feel like I felt rejuvenated and I was even craving some of the juices after the 3 days. . trip to Whole Foods here I come! And just because I did not mention the other flavors, does not mean that I did not like them. “Glow” actually grew on me. . by the 3rd day. . “Purify” and “Fiji” tasted really healthy. . and “Vanilla Cloud” really did taste like dessert!
(open to residents within the United States only)
I’m thrilled to be able to offer a FREE 3-Day Fresh Start Cleanse ($162!!) to one of my readers. . all of the bottles will be shipped directly to YOU so believe me, you want to enter this giveaway! Good luck and if you just want to pick up some Suja Juice for yourself, click here to find a store close to you.
Disclosure: A 3-Day Fresh Start cleanse was sent to me. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.