Hello friends. . it’s been a while. We moved to WA and are all settled in. I’m ready to get cooking again!
So, I made this dish for Valentine’s day. . don’t know about you, but after the kids, we don’t go out to eat as much anymore and trying to get a reservation for Valentine’s day and a sitter? Forget it. Not worth the effort or money. 🙂 This recipe is super quick and simple. If you like penna pasta and tomatoes, give it a shot! Creating the sauce in a blender is not for everyone (and initially I did not like it) but I’ve made some adjustments and will definitely go back to this one if I am in a crunch!
- 1 pound penne
- 2 medium tomatoes (5 ounces each), cut into 1-inch dice
- 4 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 large basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the penne until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, garlic and olive oil. Puree until smooth. Pour the tomato sauce into a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.