Grilled Cauliflower Steaks + A Video!
If you’ve never tried Grilled Cauliflower Steaks, you are in for a treat! This is a great non-meat (and healthy!) option to throw on the grill this summer. Serve these with homemade chimichurri sauce and entwine wine’s Cabernet Sauvignon and you are set!
It’s been a hot summer you guys. Like crazy hot. We are actually ok here in Madison but when I was in Dallas, Texas, I found myself running from the car, straight into the house because it was so hot and humid. And in NYC too. Crazy hot and humid. Especially when you are waiting for the train. . oh my gawd.
But then sometimes, we are graced with a beautiful, somewhat cool summer night. And what do we do? We go outside and we grill! Heck, even when it’s not a cool night, we go outside and grill. It’s what we do, right? I’m not sure why but whenever we grill, I feel like I have to fill up the grill completely. We’re firing the thing up so why not grill everything? We throw on burgers and hot dogs and vegetables!
You can probably guess what my favorite is.
So many of us are trying to eat healthier, trying to cut down on carbs and meat. Well, if you are one of those people, this recipe is for you!
Today, I’ve partnered with entwine wines. These wines are not only affordable but they are also delicious and pair wonderfully with all kinds of foods.
Have you guys tried cauliflower steaks? You guys, this is a revelation! Slice your cauliflower head into thick pieces, throw them on the grill and top them with my homemade chimichurri sauce! This is the next best thing to eating a steak! Heck, some might argue that this is better than a steak.
And just like pairing steak with a nice red wine, I paired my Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with entwine wine’s Cabernet Sauvignon. It’s “rich, fruity, and herbaceous – like eating raspberry jam off of a sprig of thyme.” Doesn’t that sound magical?
I absolutely loved pairing entwine wine’s Cabernet Sauvignon with my grilled cauliflower steaks. I feel like the wine really brought out the amazing flavor from the grilled, thick cauliflower steak and the chimichurri sauce also tasted absolutely delicious with the wine!
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, trimmed with the stems cut off
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves (OR 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- ¾ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil + more if needed
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt or kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 heads cauliflower
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Combine ingredients from the parsley to the oregano in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely blended. Scoop out parsley mixture, place in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Pour over the parsley mixture and mix together well. Taste and adjust any seasonings as needed.
- Heat up your grill to medium heat.
- Gently remove the leaves and trim the stem end of the cauliflower head, leaving the core intact. Place cauliflower core side down on a work surface. Using a large knife, slice the cauliflower into ½" "steaks" from the center of cauliflower, lengthwise. Roast or save the cauliflower florets that will break loose as you are cutting.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Working on your outdoor grill, place the cauliflower steaks into the grill, grilling about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and onto a serving plate. Top with the chimichurri sauce, serve and enjoy with some entwine wines Cabernet Sauvignon!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with entwine wines. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.