Toss that bread bun and try this Grilled Eggplant Bun Burger!!! Gluten free, low carb, delicious and perfect for summer!
It’s Monday! And I’m firing up the grill. . again.
But this time, for something different . .
If there’s one thing the blogging, being immersed in food and this Whole30 thing has taught me, it’s this.
Let’s celebrate and eat vegetables. Seasonal Vegetables!
This is my go-to guide for knowing what’s in season and when. And it’s a no brainer if you ask me. . because when fruits and veggies are in season, they are at their best as far as taste and freshness AND they are not as expensive. I love the summers when berries are in season and you can buy the best looking berries, peaches and vegetables and not break the bank! I heavy up on lots of eggplant and zucchini in the summer. And I look at veggies in a whole new light now.
And since I can’t eat bread. . this had to happen.
Pretty damn good you guys.
I grilled my eggplant because I love seeing the grill marks. But you can also bake them too.
And to make this burger even better. . I used Maille’s NEW Toasted Onion and Wild Thyme mustard.
You guys. . this is more than mustard. . this is an event. An event for your burger. It has slow cooked onions and wild thyme . . like there are bits of slow cooked onions in the mustard. It’s beyond delicious!
And there’s more!!!
Check out the entire new summer collection online here. “Bistros are back on the foodie agenda this year with a wave of Michelin-starred chefs recognizing the simple pleasures of bistro-style cooking. By harnessing and recombining authentic bistro flavors, Maille is refreshing classic French traditions. The result is an exciting trio of mustards to compliment the tastes of summer and the casual chic spirit of the South of France.”
This grilled eggplant bun burger would be perfect for any summer cookout, and it’s a great way to serve burgers if you or any of your guests eat gluten free! You need to try these! And enter for your chance to win them down below!
- 1 medium to large sized eggplant, sliced into ¾ inch thick rounds
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 4 lean organic, grass-fed ground beef patties, grilled or cooked
- sautéed mushrooms, sliced
- tomatoes, sliced
- dijon mustard
- any other condiments as desired
- Heat up your grill. Brush each eggplant round with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Grill each eggplant round over medium-high heat for about 4 to 5 minutes or until grill marks appear and the eggplant is heated through and slightly softened. Repeat on opposite side but only grill for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- To assemble: Spread on dijon mustard on one eggplant round, top with the cooked beef patty, mushrooms, lettuce, tomatoes and add any other condiments as desired and top with another grilled eggplant "bun" round and serve.
Recipe inspired by the eggplant buns recipe in The Whole30 book.
Giveaway open to residents within the United States only
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. The products above were provided to me for recipe testing and sampling. The giveaway is sponsored by Maille US. All opinions expressed here are my own.