BOO Candy Corn and Chocolate Chip Cookies for Halloween #SundaySupper
After having kids, I seriously love Halloween. Not so much about getting dressed up in a costume or scary things or scary movies. . but sharing the excitement with my girls, dressing them up and handing out candy with them. My girls are young so they are not yet at the point where they can trick or treat for 3-4 hours (like I did when I was a kid). We hit like 8 houses and we’re done. They are easy like that.
The other thing I love about Halloween is baking! I love all the creative ideas I see out in the blogosphere. . there are some pretty amazing and freakishly cute sweet treats out there, I love it!
And this year, I am baking cupcakes for my daughter’s Halloween class party so come back over here on Wednesday to see what I have in store!
Now, on to these cookies! I have never myself been to the Momofuku Milk Bar in NYC but this is the first place I’m going the next time I am there. Christina Tosi, is THE sugar genius, owner, chef there. This lady is freaking brilliant. Brilliant. She has a crack pie for crying out loud. Check out her Momofuku Milk Bar cookbook. Awesomeness in a book.
I have been wanting to try one of her recipes. . and this week was the week! When I saw the recipe for these cookies, I knew they would be perfect! It’s not only the candy corn and chocolate chips which create this wonderful, freaking amazing cookie. . but the Cornflake crunch. In every bite, you get chewy, crunchy, and sweet. A little bit of my cornflake crunch kind of caramelized so it was soooo good. Freaking brilliant. Y.U.M. You have got to try these. And hit up Momofuku Milk Bar if you’re ever in NYC.
Momofuku means lucky peach. How awesome is that?
I hope you enjoy!
- FOR THE CORNFLAKE CRUNCH:
- 4 cups cornflakes (5 ounces), lightly crushed
- ½ cup dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- FOR THE COOKIES:
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cornflake Crunch
- ⅔ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup candy corn
- about a ¼ cup Reeses pieces
- FOR THE CORNFLAKE CRUNCH:
- Preheat the oven to 275° and line a baking sheet with parchment. In a large bowl, toss the cornflakes with the milk powder, sugar, salt and butter until coated. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and bake until golden and fragrant, about 20 minutes. Let the crunch cool completely.
- FOR THE COOKIES:
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the butter and sugars at medium- high speed until light and fluffy, 4 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. At low speed, beat in the dry ingredients, then mix in (by hand) the Cornflake Crunch, chocolate chips, candy corn and Reeses pieces. Mound ¼-cup scoops of dough 4 inches apart on 4 parchment–lined baking sheets. Flatten the cookies slightly and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375° and position a rack in the center. Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, for 15 minutes, until browned around the edges but still a bit pale in the center. Let cool completely on the tray, then serve.
Recipe adapted from Momofuku Milk Bar, care of Food and Wine.
Halloween Sunday Supper
I hope you’re ready for a howling good time, because Sunday, October 28th, my #SundaySupper friends and I will be conjuring up some magic in our bubbling cauldrons to bring you everything from Ghoulish Gruel to Haunted Snacks to Spooky Sweets, and of course a few Bewitching Brews! Big thanks to Leslie at La Cocina de Leslie for hosting!
Witches, ghosts, goblins, vampires, zombies, monsters… Everyone is invited. You don’t want to miss this hair-raising party.
- Shrunken Heads in Cider - Girlichef
- Candy Corn Martini - The Messy Baker Blog
- Trick-or-Treat Wine Pairings for Halloween - ENOFYLZ
- Steak Bites with Bloody Mary Dipping Sauce - I Run for Wine
- Eggs in Purgatory - My Catholic Kitchen
- Mini Jack-o’-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pies - Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Baked Mummy Cheese Dogs - In the Kitchen with KP
- Meat Head - Ruffles & Truffles
- Goblin Eggs - Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mummy Hot Dogs - Damn Delicious
- Spooky Kid Pizzas - Sustainable Dad
- Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Dip, & Wicken Witch’s Brew - Daddy Knows Less
- Monster Mash - Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- The Wicken Bao - The Urban Mrs
- Sloppy Worm Sandwiches - La Cocina de Leslie
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Biscoff Cream - The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Spooky Ogre Eye Cookies - The Realistic Nutritionist
- Jack O’ Lantern Cookies - Magnolia Days
- Spooky Good Popcorn Snack Mix - The Weekend Gourment
- White Chocolate & Coconut Dipped Strawberry Ghosts - Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Monster Bites - Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vegan Halloween Sugar Cookies - Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Monster Cookies - Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Tunnel of Doom Cake - That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy-Stuffed Rice Crispy Treat Pumpkins - Chocolate Moosey
- Crispy Graham Bones - The Meltaways
- Dulce de Leche Bat Cookies - Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Witch’s Fingers - Noshing with The Nolands
- Sweet Intestines with Broken Glass - The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Graveyard Brownies - The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Boo Candy Corn & Chocolate Chip Cookies - Hip Foodie Mom
- Bleeding Devil Cakes - Momma’s Meals
- Pumpkin Halloween Munch - Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cake Pops - Juanita’s Cocina
- Jack-O-Lantern Carrot Cake - Galactosemia in PDX
- Ghostly Chocolate Orange Tarts - Happy Baking Days
- Messy Monster Cookies - MarocMama
- Bewitchingly Delicious Butterscotch Broomstick Cake Pops - Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Halloween Popcorn Cake - Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Witches Morning Gruel - In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate & Dulce de Leche Ghosts - Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peanut Butter Candy Bar Cookies - The Cookie A Day Challenge
- Monster Cookie Revel Bars - Baker Street
- Halloween Cereal Bars - Basic N Delicious
- Ossi di Morti (Bones of the Dead Cookies) - Webicurean
- Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels - Midlife Road Trip
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day, Sunday (October 28th) during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm (Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about all things Halloween. All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat.
We’d also love to feature your favorite Halloween recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers, too.