BOO Candy-Corn-and-Chocolate-Chip Cookies!!
Recipe makes about 18-20 cookies. Please note refrigerate time: 3 hours. It's really important to place your cookie dough balls at least 4 inches apart when you bake them. They will expand and grow.
- FOR THE CORNFLAKE CRUNCH:
- 4 cups cornflakes 5 ounces, lightly crushed
- 1/2 cup dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- FOR THE COOKIES:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cornflake Crunch
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup candy corn
- about a 1/4 cup Reeses pieces
FOR THE CORNFLAKE CRUNCH:
Preheat the oven to 275° and line a baking sheet with parchment. In a large bowl, toss the cornflakes with the milk powder, sugar, salt and butter until coated. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and bake until golden and fragrant, about 20 minutes. Let the crunch cool completely.
FOR THE COOKIES:
In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the butter and sugars at medium- high speed until light and fluffy, 4 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. At low speed, beat in the dry ingredients, then mix in (by hand) the Cornflake Crunch, chocolate chips, candy corn and Reeses pieces. Mound 1/4-cup scoops of dough 4 inches apart on 4 parchment–lined baking sheets. Flatten the cookies slightly and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
Preheat the oven to 375° and position a rack in the center. Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, for 15 minutes, until browned around the edges but still a bit pale in the center. Let cool completely on the tray, then serve.