Ina Garten’s Summer Garden Pasta! If there was one pasta dish I would tell you to make while tomatoes are available and at their peak, it’s this recipe! So incredibly easy to make and you only have to cook the pasta! Doesn’t get any easier than that!
After I made Frank Prisinzano’s Spaghetti Limone, a few people told me I had to make this pasta dish next. I forgot about it and then saw it on TikTok and knew it had to happen. I don’t know if this recipe was from one of her cookbooks, but it’s here online and you can watch Ina make it here.
I used an assortment of cherry tomatoes because I wanted different colors of tomatoes in my pasta. Buy your tomatoes from the farmers market or from your grocery store. It’s hard to buy bad tomatoes right now in my opinion. They are just so good!
Ina Garten’s Summer Garden Pasta
One mistake I made: I did read the recipe in its entirety so I didn’t know the tomatoes had to sit for 4 hours. I ran out of time so mine only sat for 2.5 maybe 3 hours and I should have used a more shallow bowl. Make sure the tomatoes are evenly sitting in the olive oil mixture. I believe this way, you’ll get the saucy tomatoes and basically what you want for this pasta dish. I have a few other tips which I included on the recipe card below.
Ina Garten's Summer Garden Pasta
- 4 pints cherry tomatoes halved
- great quality olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons (6 cloves) garlic minced
- 18 large basil leaves julienned, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. dried angel hair pasta
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for serving
- For the directions, click here.