Summer Berry Crisp! Celebrate the flavors of summer with this Summer Berry Crisp using raspberries, blueberries and blackberries for a juicy berry filling nestled under a crispy, buttery, flavorful oat topping. It’s so good!
This recipe and post are sponsored by Land O’Lakes.
June is here and we are ready to enjoy our summer! This summer may be a little different with social distancing still in place but we certainly still plan to cook, barbecue and enjoy our family and some outings with close friends. During these last few months, cooking and baking really helped to keep me sane. I became very thankful for the hardworking people who ensure food is being made and delivered to our grocery stores every day.
I thought about farmers, makers, artisans, grocery store workers and clerks, delivery drivers, truck drivers and more. Without these people, we would not have had food available to us these last few months.
June is Dairy Month and I wanted to take some time to say thank you to all the dairy farmers out there. For nearly 100 years, their farmer-owners have made it possible for Land O’Lakes to put dairy products on the table for us.
Every day, Land O’Lakes farmer-owners are driven to make things better. For you, for us and the world around us. I love that Land O’Lakes is taking the time this month to recognize them, and they produced a video series called “On Her Farm” to help us get to know some of their 1700+ farmer-owners. From sustainability and tending the land to educating and raising the next generation of farmers, take some time to meet Allison Kasbergen, Joy Widerman, Karen Hawbaker and Tara Meyer. Click here to watch their videos.
Summer Berry Crisp
I can’t think of a better way to celebrate summer than to bake a summer berry crisp! For me, it’s all about the crispy, buttery, flavorful oat topping. I believe the ingredients you use really make the difference. I always use Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter. There’s no added salt, giving you a pure, sweet cream taste and the flavor control you need when baking. Quite simply, in my opinion, Land O Lakes® is the best and it’s the only butter I reach for when baking.
This summer berry crisp is big enough to enjoy with friends and family and it’s so good! Top it with some vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Summer Berry Crisp featuring Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter
- 9x13 baking dish, 3-qt. capacity
For the filling:
- 3 cups blueberries
- 3 cups blackberries
- 3 cups raspberries
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 lemon grated zest only
For the topping:
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats*
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter cold and cut into pieces
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a large mixing bowl, pour in the blueberries,blackberries and raspberries. Sprinkle the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour and lemon zest over the top and gently mix to combine. Pour into your baking dish and set aside.
- Prepare the crumb topping: Using another large mixing bowl, combine the sugars, flour, rolled oats, cinnamon and salt. Add in the cold Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter pieces and, using a pastry blender or your fingers, cut the butter into the dry mixture until you have a coarse crumb mixture. If using your fingers, rub in the butter throughout the mixture.
- Scatter the crumb topping evenly, in one layer, over the berry mixture. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and crisp and bubbling, for about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for at least 10 to 15 minutes (or up to one hour for best results) before serving. Serve with ice cream if desired and enjoy!