Autumn Salad with Seasoned Roasted Butternut Squash! Fresh mixed greens and arugula, apples, pears, toasted pecans and the seasoned roasted butternut squash, this is fall in a salad! You need this salad on your Thanksgiving Day table!
Disclosure: This is a paid, sponsored post in partnership with Tony Chachere’s Famous Creole Cuisine. All opinions are 100% my own.
Thanksgiving is always somewhat of a stressful and busy time. Family comes into town, maybe you’re the one traveling, there’s the menu to plan and prepare and organizing events and gathering with friends and family. This year, my goal is to be smarter about my menu planning and time spent in the kitchen.
It’s Thanksgiving, so the menu will most definitely be delicious and special. I’m just going to be smarter about how I plan, what I make, what I buy and my time spent in the kitchen. My entire family is coming to Wisconsin this year, for the first time, so I am thrilled.
We always have a ham and a turkey and we load up on the sides. Some people in my family think the sides are the most important. We always have mashed potatoes and some sort of sweet potato dish, a green bean casserole, a brussels sprouts dish, green beans, glazed carrots and a salad to balance everything out.
Autumn Salad with Seasoned Roasted Butternut Squash
I want all of my dishes to be super flavorful and delicious. My family really appreciates a little heat so I had the brilliant idea of using Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning in one of my dishes. I’ve been roasting butternut squash like crazy, I can’t seem to get enough of it when it’s in season, and I sprinkled some of this goodness over my butternut squash and drizzled on some maple syrup and it was heaven! So good!
Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning is an extraordinary blend of flavorful Creole spices and enhances the butternut squash so well! You get a great blend of sweetness from the squash and some heat from the Creole seasoning! I hope you try this!
Wishing everyone a fabulous and delicious Thanksgiving Day holiday!
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
- Fresh arugula and mixed greens
- apples and pears, thinly sliced
- pomegranate arils
- toasted pecans
- crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange butternut squash cubes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Separate cubes so that they are not touching and are spread evenly on the baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil, season with the Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning and drizzle the maple syrup over the top. Roast for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until nicely browned. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- In a jar, shake together or whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and oil and Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning season. Taste and adjust any ingredients as needed.
- Using a large platter or large salad bowl, lightly toss together the arugula and mixed greens with the apples and pears. Add the roasted butternut squash over the top and garnish with the pomegranate arils, toasted pecans and the crumbled blue cheese. Serve with the dressing and enjoy!