Best Cobb Salad ever! I use a homemade roast chicken, thick cut bacon, jammy eggs, tomatoes, blue cheese, romaine lettuce and more! So good!
If there was ever a salad that satisfied everyone in my family, it’s the Cobb Salad. I mean, it has a little bit of everything in it . . roast chicken, thick cut bacon, pecans, avocado (my Phoebe’s favorite), jammy eggs (my favorite), tomatoes, blue cheese, romaine lettuce and more!!
And the dressing comes together in a flash .. it’s pretty much what I make all the time: olive oil, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper.
I’ll be sharing my roast chicken with you guys soon! Until then, make your own or simply buy a rotisserie chicken from the store!
For the eggs:
I love jammy eggs, click here to see how I make them. General timing for eggs: hard boiled: 8 to 9 minutes, jammy eggs: 7 minutes, soft boiled eggs: 6 minutes.
For the Bacon:
I like to bake my bacon. Arrange long pieces of foil over a baking sheet. I like to overlap two long pieces so there’s less mess. Arrange the bacon strips on top in one even layer, do not overlap. Bake at 400 degrees for about 12 to 20 minutes (18 to 20 minutes for crispy bacon).
I hope you enjoy!
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 4 hard boiled or jammy eggs*, peeled and quartered
- 12 oz. cooked chicken breast, diced or cubed
- 8 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and cut or crumbled
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 5 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced (you can also use cherry tomatoes)
- 1 cup pecans; roasted if desired
- Fresh chives, finely diced
- In a jar, shake together or whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and oil and season with salt and pepper.
- On a large platter, spread out lettuce, and then add rows of all the ingredients: pecans, jammy eggs, chicken, bacon, avocado, blue cheese, and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with dressing, and garnish with chives and enjoy!