This cobb salad recipe features homemade roasted chicken breast, crispy bacon, jammy eggs, tomatoes, crumbled blue cheese, romaine lettuce and a delicious cobb salad dressing. The meal is full of healthy protein and is so easy to make!
If there was ever a salad that satisfied everyone in my family, it’s a cobb salad. I mean, it has a little bit of everything in it… roast chicken, thick cut bacon, pecans, avocado (my Phoebe’s favorite), jammy eggs (my favorite), tomatoes, blue cheese, romaine lettuce and more!!
Cobb Salad Ingredients
This salad features a lot of lean protein from roasted chicken breast and jammy eggs.
Here’s my roast chicken recipe! I highly suggest making your own because it is so easy!! But if you don’t have time, you can buy a rotisserie chicken from the store. I use breast meat because it is lean and healthy. If you prefer dark meat, feel free to dice up the leg or thigh meat instead.
What are jammy eggs?
I love jammy eggs, click here to see how I make them. Basically, they are eggs cooked just a little under hard boiled. The average time for boiling eggs is:
- Hard boiled: 8 to 9 minutes
- Jammy eggs: 7 minutes
- Soft boiled eggs: 6 minutes
For the Bacon:
Rather than frying, I like to bake bacon in the oven. To do this,
- Place long pieces of foil over a baking sheet. I like to overlap two long pieces so there’s less mess.
- Arrange the bacon strips on top of the foil in one even layer, being sure not to overlap slices.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 20 minutes (18 to 20 minutes for extra crispy bacon). If you use thick cut bacon, it will take longer to cook.
How to Make Dressing for Cobb Salad
The cobb salad dressing comes together in a flash. It’s pretty much a go-to salad dressing recipe that you make with simple pantry ingredients:
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
- apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
Place the dressing ingredients in a mason jar sealed with a lid and shake to combine.
Best Cobb Salad Ever
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt more or less, as desired
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper more or less, as desired
For the salad:
- 1 head romaine lettuce coarsely chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs or jammy eggs* peeled and quartered
- 12 oz cooked chicken breast diced or cubed
- 8 slices thick cut bacon cooked and cut or crumbled
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 5 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes diced (you can also use cherry tomatoes)
- 1 cup pecans roasted if desired
- Fresh chives finely diced
- In a jar, shake together or whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and oil and season with salt and pepper.
- On a large platter, spread out lettuce, and then add rows of all the ingredients: pecans, jammy eggs, chicken, bacon, avocado, blue cheese, and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with dressing, garnish with chives and enjoy!