Beef and Ginger Fried Rice. Super easy to make and so flavorful and delicious! Top the fried rice with quick pickled radishes, or kimchi! Break out your wok and make this happen!
Click here for my 25 recipes using pantry staples!
As a food blogger, I actually enjoy going grocery shopping and, on an average week, where I am recipe testing and have deadlines, I am at the grocery store 3 to 4 times a week. I want to be the one picking out that cucumber. I want to make sure my produce is fresh and look at my onions.
It’s all because of the nature of my job, and frankly, because I’m photographing my food for the blog. For you guys. So, it’ll make you want to make the recipe.
I was talking to my hair dresser the other day and she was telling me how hard it is for her to get out to the grocery store, meal plan and make dinner. If you work five days out of the week and all day, making dinner is the last thing you want to do when you get home. And if you have kids and a family, forget it. You don’t have a choice. You have to make dinner and feed them.
Enter Marley Spoon, a new recipe and meal service that delivers seasonal recipes and ingredients straight to your door! Martha Stewart and Marley Spoon have come together to bring Martha’s recipes and smart cooking techniques to your kitchen. Designed with easy weeknight cooking in mind, these recipes reflect Martha’s love for seasonal ingredients and delicious flavors.
HOW IT WORKS
How it works: Browse new recipes every week online, select the ones you want, pick your preferred delivery day, and you can skip any week that doesn’t work for you, and you receive fresh ingredients, all pre-measured out for you, and recipe cards so you can get cooking!
So, you are still doing the cooking but you don’t have to go to the store; it’s all right there for you. You just follow the recipe cards, with step by step photos and you’re set! Cooking is such a huge part of my life. I love that my kids see me in the kitchen cooking and I am constantly learning new techniques, new flavor combinations, new ideas for recipes etc.
How is Marley Spoon different from all the rest? Frankly, it’s Martha. These are Martha’s recipes, which I am sure have been tested a dozen times. I’ve never had a Martha recipe go bad. Everything has always come out delicious.
BEEF AND GINGER FRIED RICE
The first recipe I made from my Marley Spoon delivery was the Beef and Ginger Fried Rice.
My family loves fried rice and you can’t go wrong with bok choy, ginger and ground beef. I mean, come on . . just look at this Beef and Ginger Fried Rice!
I did change up the recipe a bit. Martha had the brilliant idea of serving the Beef and Ginger Fried Rice with a bok choy and pickled radish salad on the side, or on top. I knew my kids (and my husband) wouldn’t eat the bok choy if I did that so I added the bok choy into my fried rice and just added the pickled radishes on top. I loved the crunch and flavor that it added.
CHECK OUT MARLEY SPOON
If you are looking for a meal service, or just interested in checking one out, I highly recommend Marley Spoon! I also made the Skillet Ravioli Lasagna on Sunday night and it was crazy delicious! This week, I am making Martha’s Fried Chicken Sandwiches! Can’t wait!
Beef and Ginger Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 cups medium grain rice
- 1¼ cups water
- salt; optional
- 1 1/2 cups radishes thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 oz plum vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large leek tender white part only, chopped
- 12 ounces baby bok choy chopped
- 1 oz fresh ginger peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- handful fresh cilantro
- Cook rice: Rinse rice in a fine-mesh sieve until water runs clear. Combine rice, 1¼ cups water, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before uncovering. You can also use a rice cooker if you have one.
- Prep pickled veggies: Combine the sliced radishes with plum vinegar and toss; set aside.
- Cook aromatics: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large (preferably nonstick) skillet or wok over medium high. Add the leeks and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the ginger and continue to cook until softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the bok choy and cook/sauté for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and transfer veggies to a plate.
- Add the ground beef directly into the empty skillet and cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is cooked and browned completely, for about 5 minutes. Season with salt. Return the ginger, leeks and bok choy back into skillet.
- Add in the cooked rice to skillet (adding 1 tablespoon of oil if the rice looks dry) and stir to combine. Cook, pressing down with a wooden spoon to allow rice to crisp, tossing occasionally and repeating, until most of the rice is crispy, for about 6 to 8 minutes; stir in the tamari or soy sauce. Taste and add a little more soy sauce if needed.
- Serve fried rice with the pickled radishes on top (optional) and garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Disclosure: I was not paid or asked to write this post. I was given three meals from Marley Spoon to try! All opinions are 100% my own.