Peanut Butter Sea Salt Cookies!!! So easy to make and so delicious! You won’t believe these cookies are made with only five ingredients! You have to try this recipe! These are the best peanut butter cookies ever!!!
I can’t believe we are more than halfway through July! Where did the month go? On Monday, I start my culinary nutrition course at the Natural Gourmet Institute in NYC! I received my syllabus and schedule and course work information a few days ago and I can’t believe it’s here!
These past few weeks have been insane. I’ve been working non-stop to meet deadlines and I’m so happy that I got everything finished! I’ll have a few days in Dallas with my girls and parents to relax before I head out to NYC.
I’ve been feeling super grateful for my mother and everything she does to help me out. I have the best mom, you guys. I’m getting a little teary eyed right now just thinking about everything she does for me and my family.
My parents will get to spend two weeks with my daughters. . spoil them, hang out with them, cook for them and just spend time together. I wish my girls had grandparents close by, ones that they could see much more often than they do now. . but it’s how we are right now. We’re in Wisconsin and my parents are in Texas.
When I think about the special time they will have together, I feel really happy. My parents know my kids, of course, but will learn so much more about them this summer. . and I hope my kids see and recognize how wonderful their grandparents are.
I know special memories will be made.
I made these cookies a few weeks ago and actually baked them again for friends. Because they were that good.
And you only need 5 ingredients! 5 ingredients for these cookies!
This recipe is from the fabulous cookbook above, Five-Ingredient Recipes, written by my friend and fellow food blogger, Phi Kelnhoffer. Phi blogs at Sweet Phi, you should totally check out her blog! Phi does beautiful work and I am in love with her photography.
I’m hoping my photos here do her cookies justice!
This cookbook is filled with over 100 fast and easy recipes, all requiring only 5 ingredients (or less)! Phi’s recipes use simple ingredients in unique ways. It’s filled with breakfast and brunch recipes, main and meats, sweets and treats and even homemade sauces, spice mixes and other extras!
On my list to make next: Phi’s Yogurt Granola Parfait Cups (down below) and her Banana Coconut Muffins.
I also have to try this Italian Sausage Parmesan Rigatoni.
And these Tilapia Tacos. . oh my gawd!
5 ingredients you guys .. can you think of a better cookbook to buy for the new school year .. when our schedules are crazy and you need something fast and easy for dinner? I’m so happy I have this and I know the Stovetop Mac and Cheese, the Pepperoni Pizza Pockets and the Beef Dip Sandwiches will soon become our family favorites.
Until then, more cookies.
Phi, congratulations! Your cookbook is beautiful!
Peanut Butter Sea Salt Cookies
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temp
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sea salt for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and eggs, then whisk in the vanilla.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the peanut butter until a thick and creamy batter forms; it is ready when no plain peanut butter can be seen and all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- With a tablespoon-size cookie scoop or spoon, form the dough balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes*, or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt and pat down slightly with the back of a flat spatula. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Recipe published here with permission from author.
To enter for a chance to win a copy of Five-Ingredient Recipes, simply leave me a comment below. The giveaway will close in one week, on Thursday, July 28th. Open to residents within the United States only. Good luck!