Vegan Asian Spring Roll Pizza! Everything fresh and delicious you love about Asian Spring Rolls. . on a pizza! And the spicy peanut sauce has amazing flavor that ties everything together! You will love this pizza!
This has been the craziest week ever! Monday I was super sore since I ran a half marathon last Saturday. I actually made pretty good time (13.1 miles and I ran it in 2 hours 23 minutes). My training regimen kinda sucked and I was hoping to barely get by but then I saw the pacers. Pacers are runners who set the pace, so if you are trying to run a race within a certain time, you run with them to make sure you are hitting your time. I saw the 2 hrs 30 min pacer and was able to run ahead of him and stayed ahead until the end.
I actually also had to stop to use the bathroom which took a few minutes so who knows. . my time could have been better. But anyway, I’m just thrilled that I got it done!
And now my friends and I have a 20k (12.4 miles) set for May 7th. No pain, no gain right? At least that’s what I’m telling myself.
I haven’t done a thing, exercise-wise this week . . but today I am going to a new pure barre class. The one with the platform! This is going to be my first class and I heard it’s killer. I believe we basically do all the same moves but on a raised platform. I’m scared!
And Wednesday, I went live on my local news station to talk about spring produce and some of my favorite things to make for spring; you can watch it here.
I showed my Shaved Asparagus and Pesto Pizza, my Fennel and Apple Salad and my spring inspired (with roasted asparagus) Asian Spring Rolls.
Whenever I make spring rolls, I always cut and prep a ton of veggies because I leave them in the fridge to make more rolls when I want them. . but this time, since I also had some leftover pizza dough, I made this pizza!
I had my leftover spicy Asian peanut sauce and thought . . why not?! and you know what? This pizza is sooooooo good! and it’s all vegetarian and VEGAN!
I hope you guys have a great weekend!
And if you’re making anything with spring produce, SHOW ME! I’d love to see it! Use #News3SpringEats and share it on social media!
Vegan Asian Spring Roll Pizza
For the peanut sauce:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water + more if needed
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar; optional
- 1 tablespoon gochujang Korean hot pepper paste + more if desired
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
For the pizza:
- store bought pizza dough or homemade
- spicy peanut sauce
- 6 asparagus spears shaved lengthwise with a vegetable peeler
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers sliced thin
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers sliced thin
- 1 carrot peeled and shredded
- extra virgin olive oil optional
- cilantro for garnish
- mint for garnish
- basil for garnish; optional
- 1/4 cup scallions finely diced
- crushed peanuts if desired
For the peanut sauce:
- Using a large to medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients, from the peanut butter to the sesame oil. Alternatively, you can also blend together in a food chopper or mini food processor if desired. You don't want the sauce to be too watery. Make sure it's a nice thick sauce that you can spread on your pizza dough.
For the pizza:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out your store bought pizza dough and transfer to a baking sheet or pizza stone. Spread on about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the peanut sauce and bake the pizza for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with the shaved asparagus, green and red bell peppers and the carrots and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the crust is nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool for 1 minute and then drizzle on some olive oil and sprinkle with just a little of each of the fresh cilantro, mint, basil and scallions. You can also sprinkle on come crushed peanuts! Slice, serve and enjoy immediately.