Carrot Cake Cupcakes + A Video! These carrot cake cupcakes are the BEST! My secret ingredient helps to create a very moist and flavorful carrot cake! These cupcakes are perfect for Easter or any spring event, gathering or party!
Easter is just a few days away and I couldn’t not share one of my favorite things to bake on Easter Sunday.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes!!!
Things have been insane over here these past few weeks and things are about to get even crazier. First off, I am running a half marathon on Saturday, April 2nd and I am so not ready. All of my unexpected traveling that came up kind of messed up my training so I am just going to do my best. I like to run non-stop but will definitely have to run/walk this 13.1 mile half marathon.
I also have two trips to NYC coming up very soon and will tell you guys about everything later!
And my kitchen is finished!!! Hooray!
My kitchen was completely brown, maple wood (or cherry wood?) before. You can see what my kitchen looked like before here. We decided to keep the brown cabinets because 1) changing these to white is freaking expensive and 2) I still wanted to keep some cohesiveness throughout the kitchen with my living room and the rest of the house.
I think it still works and the main thing was my island and needing more workspace. . and I got it! Hooray!
I shot a video showing my new kitchen and will be sharing that soon but for now . . here’s this video. I hope you enjoy!
And make these cupcakes!!! Happy Easter everyone!
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temp
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup crushed pineapple, drained (canned or fresh) and finely diced
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
- ½ stick unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded carrots and brown sugar. Set aside for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Using your stand mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment, beat eggs until light. Gradually beat in the sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla. Stir in the crushed pineapple. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and slowly add into the wet mixture until combined. Stir in the ground cinnamon, walnuts, golden raisins and the carrot and brown sugar mixture and mix until combined. Pour evenly into the cupcake liners.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until a tester inserted comes out clean. Cool for at least 15 to 20 minutes before frosting.
- Using your stand mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment, mix together the cream cheese, butter vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until completely blended. Spread on cooled cupcakes and enjoy!