These delicious, savory baked egg tater tot muffins have everything you want in a great breakfast! A baked egg, spinach, ham and crispy tater tots on the bottom! Your family is going to love these!
Over the summer, I had to go on a lot of work trips. I loved meeting some new people and traveling to different cities and meeting the people behind some of the brands that I work with. While I was gone, my husband was, of course, watching the kids. And apparently, while I was gone, he established a weekend routine breakfast fun outing to McDonald’s.
Phoebe and Madeline tasted the McDonald’s hash browns for the first time and it was love at first bite. Now, nothing else is the same. Not even my homemade “hash” browns.
But maybe tater tots?
So, then it came to me .. tater tot muffins!!!! with baked eggs on top! Baked egg tater tot muffins. All the deliciousness of the tater tot PLUS the healthy ingredients that I feel good about. and you need to bake the tater tots beforehand so they remain somewhat crispy on the bottom. I mean, come on. . who doesn’t like food in muffin form?!! And they are portable!
What I love about these muffins, and my girls too, are the baked eggs on top. Over the summer I was frying up eggs almost everyday. This is their new favorite way to eat eggs and I got my girls to like the runny yolk!! What can I say, soft baked eggs and poached eggs are my fave!
And because I use Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs, which are pasteurized, I don’t worry about salmonella because I’m not fully cooking the egg yolks. “The Safest Choice™ all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process eliminates the risk of Salmonella in eggs without changing the nutrition or flavor.
Now you can safely enjoy your favorite styles and recipes such as Hollandaise, Caesar salad dressing and other sauces—and sunny side up, poached or soft scrambled eggs.”
So, make these with your kids, and you can freeze these baked egg tater tot muffins if you want to prep them for breakfast during the week, and enjoy!
And don’t worry, they are packed with veggies so you can feel good about serving these to your family!
I mean, come on now. . do you see the tater tot bottom?!
I hope you give these baked egg tater tot muffins a try!
- About 18 to 24 frozen tater tots
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ tomato, diced
- ¾ cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 to 3 thin slices turkey or ham deli meat, cut into smaller pieces
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chives, finely diced for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and spray or grease 6 cups in a regular sized muffin pan. Place about 3 to 4 tater tots into each cup and bake for about 20 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove muffin pan from the oven and sprinkle on the shredded mozzarella cheese over the tater tots. Then, evenly sprinkle on the diced tomatoes and lay a few spinach leaves and the deli meat pieces into each muffin cup. Gently press down ingredients if needed. When you crack your egg, you don’t want the egg to spill over.
- Crack an egg over each muffin cup, on top the deli meat, keeping the egg in the muffin cup. Season with salt and pepper and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the eggs have set. Do not over bake the eggs. Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pan. Garnish with the fresh, diced chives and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting me in partnering with the brands that I use and love.