Don’t you just love it when leftovers inspire something great?! Well, maybe I shouldn’t call them leftovers. . but foods, fruits and vegetables I had laying around left over from other recipes . . and half of a baguette.
I am crazy about crostini. Like, crazy love the stuff. Toasted bread anything and I’m stuffing my face. These are great because you can top these with a variety of things. . which is what I did.
So, I had some ripe avocados and immediately thought. . avocado toast. Uh, yeah, no brainer. I also had some zucchini and because I am currently obsessed with my spiralizer, I was thinking, how can I make the zucchini look pretty?
And because of this gorgeous tart, I tried to roll them up and make it look pretty.
Yeah, so they should have been rolled tighter but hey, what can I say? I was hungry. and I found myself eating the zucchini ribbons off first and then devouring my avocado toast.
Well, spring is here and I wanted to make a fabulous appetizer for you guys. . because, you know, spring parties, spring entertaining .. spring brunch. . you know. .
So, I topped my avocado crostini with all sorts of deliciousness. Mango included!!!
YOU GUYS . . Avocados + mango + balsamic glaze = freaking delicious. I’m telling you now. . you have to try this! I also love radishes and love the texture and crunch that these added on this crostini and the balsamic glaze just ties it all together so nicely.
I hope you try these!! and make some for your friends!
Avocado Crostini Three Ways!
- 3 ripe avocados sliced lengthwise with the pit removed
- fresh lime juice juice from 1-2 limes
- kosher salt
- french baguette sliced and toasted
- raw zucchini unpeeled, sliced lengthwise and chopped
- 3 radishes sliced thin
- 1 mango peeled and sliced
- balsamic glaze
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil optional
- Using a medium sized bowl, place all the avocados inside and mash together with a fork. Squeeze in the juice from one lime, season with salt and pepper. Taste and add more freshly squeezed lime juice if needed.
- To assemble: spread on the mashed avocado on each toast and top some with the raw zucchini, some with the radishes and some with the mango. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and a drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil if desired. Serve immediately.
Click here for my homemade balsamic glaze recipe if you can’t find any at the store.